Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have noticed several details you might be interested in.

Because of medical coverage etc. , the cost of production in the US has gone up 1.4%. Now you might think this is small, but production in the US has dropped 1.7%.

Here's a note on Coke. The CEO or COO or what ever his title is, has received 31M+ in compensation for the year. This has started an uproar with the stock holders. I personally don't think any person is worth 31M a year. He probably spends a lot of the time on the gulf coarse anyway.
I would like to see revisions in corp. law. I think the profit of a Corp. should be split 2 ways. Half to the employees and half to the stock holders. The stock holders half would pay the board and CEO. I think this would take care of the abuse at the top of corporations. Just a thought, Frank...
111-1 profilecracked.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have noticed several details you might be interested in.

Because of medical coverage etc. , the cost of production in the US has gone up 1.4%. Now you might think this is small, but production in the US has dropped 1.7%.

Here's a note on Coke. The CEO or COO or what ever his title is, has received 31M+ in compensation for the year. This has started an uproar with the stock holders. I personally don't think any person is worth 31M a year. He probably spends a lot of the time on the gulf coarse anyway.
I would like to see revisions in corp. law. I think the profit of a Corp. should be split 2 ways. Half to the employees and half to the stock holders. The stock holders half would pay the board and CEO. I think this would take care of the abuse at the top of corporations. Just a thought, Frank...
View attachment 990812

Frank, I have to respectfully disagree with this. The purpose of a corporation is to make money. Splitting it 50/50 with stockholders and employees defeats the purpose of the businesses existence, as well as wouldn't leave any capital for the corporation to grow the business and develop new products. The corporation would become stagnant and die...worst of all it is more govt control...

sent from a potato...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too long ago companies pushed "profit sharing", remember that? The problem here, however, was that "profit" didn't come into play until after the bottom line, which wasn't clearly spelled out in most cases. Companies hid these profits in all sorts of legal places so they wouldn't have to pay it out to employees. Then came 401k's, a means by which the emplyoee still has no control on "exactly" where his money is to be invested. Point is, all of these are just scams that have been created to keep the money feeding the big machine. If it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't true. On the other hand, there were a few companies who created stock earnings for employees, this quickly being phased out when some of these "successful" companies realized that seasoned and experienced employees were retiring early and leaving the company far too early. I think Harley Davidson even experienced this mass exodus off trained and skilled employees at one time.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frank, I have to respectfully disagree with this. The purpose of a corporation is to make money. Splitting it 50/50 with stockholders and employees defeats the purpose of the businesses existence, as well as wouldn't leave any capital for the corporation to grow the business and develop new products. The corporation would become stagnant and die...worst of all it is more govt control...

sent from a potato...

I think you have a different view of profit then I. Developing research and growing are expenses that come out of income before profit is declared. The ripoff is the excessive compensation of upper management. The corporation is owned by the stockholders, not management. Just my view. Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Not too long ago companies pushed "profit sharing", remember that? The problem here, however, was that "profit" didn't come into play until after the bottom line, which wasn't clearly spelled out in most cases. Companies hid these profits in all sorts of legal places so they wouldn't have to pay it out to employees. Then came 401k's, a means by which the emplyoee still has no control on "exactly" where his money is to be invested. Point is, all of these are just scams that have been created to keep the money feeding the big machine. If it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't true. On the other hand, there were a few companies who created stock earnings for employees, this quickly being phased out when some of these "successful" companies realized that seasoned and experienced employees were retiring early and leaving the company far too early. I think Harley Davidson even experienced this mass exodus off trained and skilled employees at one time.

I have to agree with you on most of this because I have lived thru it in a top 10 corp. I would like to mention though that in my original post, The stock option of the top executives is one of the biggest abuses by the CEO.
I have seen good CEOs that nurtured and grew there corporations and I have seen CEOs that sucked the golden parachutes out of them. Lately, the latter prevail. Human nature at the top is decaying. Frank...-
111-1 profileblk.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Saw this on TV. It was stated that the top 1% in income (the rich) control more than 40% of the wealth in this country. That means I am only allowed to control my 2 cents worth. lol Frank...-
7-06  WOODCUTS 031-d.jpg playing hearts and flowers

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Saw this on TV. It was stated that the top 1% in income (the rich) control more than 40% of the wealth in this country. That means I am only allowed to control my 2 cents worth. lol Frank...-
View attachment 992151 playing hearts and flowers

Frank, that can't be true. Chairman of the fed is in supreme control of the wealth...directed by the king of course...

sent from a potato...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Guess the king in that case would be bush, for his tax cuts on the ultra wealthy, cost the gov about 6 trillion, but that's OK, make it up on the backs of those that actually work.

Mike

You can't say "cost the government" as it isn't the governments money. It is being stolen from EVERYONE who isn't part of the recipient class...

sent from a potato...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Obama is still the king. Just look at the level of national debt now and look at when Bush left office... that tells the tale!

sent from a potato...

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's crap..who took us into the middle east, cost how many lives, why so friends and family at haliburton could get even more rich, Obama came into a mess that bush created, I know it and everybody else does to, I don't like Obama at all either, but at least he isn't letting the super rich run rampant either, its not stealing, when those sub-humans never paid their fair share..I mean really, how much money does somebody need ?

Side note, surprised they are letting us talk about this, probably because we can agree to disagree in a polite manner, since all the trouble makers apparently took perm vacations, miss being able to have good convos about what's important to each and everyone of us no matter which side of the page its on.

Mike

I use that term sub human, because, nobody needs billions of dollars, damn shame so many children starve in this country, when so many have billions...something very wrong with that.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics and locked...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions