Side A 1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 485
  • Side B 1.jpg
    Side B 1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0
R

rb

Nice haul South. You found more coins than I have in 2 months.... Keep up the good job HH RB

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
over 100 in one day , long time for me to get that, good hunting there

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I know how much work it takes to pull 100.

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Like the penny in concrete--wheaty? Havnt found
any cars lately.Never seen anything like your last pic though.
hhs

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Great!! Nice finds!! :D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi SC, nice finds! I'm curious as to where you found the old looking coin? Beach, playground, park and depth? Looks Medieval European for sure, before 1550ish as I see no date. Sadly, looks to shiny for an old silver that's been in the ground for years but then again, conditions may have been right to preserve it well. If it's a replica, there may be a small stamp stateing the word "COPY", might take a strong magnifying glass to find. HH and I hope it's the real deal, Mike

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks very similar to my 8 reales coins from the Atocha. Maybe someone from Mel Fisher's (GBHS) group can help out. (or are you spoofing us?)

OP
OP
Southcacalaky

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
bobinsd said:
It looks very similar to my 8 reales coins from the Atocha. Maybe someone from Mel Fisher's (GBHS) group can help out. (or are you spoofing us?)

Not spoofing any one , Didn't think it was real to start with, I believe it's purely onamental, Thanks, Art...

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Southcacalaky said:
bobinsd said:

Not spoofing any one , Didn't think it was real to start with, I believe it's purely onamental, Thanks, Art...
O K Buddy Just sit back, have a cold one, Chill out, Keep that Blood preasure under control & You will be just fine in a day or two. JOHN...

OP
OP
Southcacalaky

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Bavaria Mike said:
Hi SC, nice finds!? I'm curious as to where you found the old looking coin?? Beach, playground, park and depth?? Looks Medieval European for sure, before 1550ish as I see no date.? Sadly, looks to shiny for an old silver that's been in the ground for years but then again, conditions may have been right to preserve it well.? If it's a replica, there may be a small stamp stateing the word "COPY", might take a strong magnifying glass to find.? HH and I hope it's the real deal, Mike

Hey Mike,
I'm sure that it's not the real deal, as I have found this in a local play ground which I have detected a few times. It was underneath a seat buried in wood chips. I could not find anything on it stating it was a copy, but I did notice which appears to be a poured mold seam. I find it really ironic to find something like this as I think most of us have hopes in finding the real thing. Mayby it's a sign of good things to come ahead. Lets hope so. Have a good day, Art...HH

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Hi, Nice finds!!!

Where do you find coins? I have gone to several parks, schools, etc. and for the past four outings I am averaging 1 cent per trip.

Do you have tips on where to look? It's getting discouraging.

Thanks,

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread