Buttons all near each other?

nat&maine

Oct 16, 2013
Me and my partner dug this button quite close to each other lol I love metal detecting could anyone give me any information sorry I'm very new to this do really understand it lol

image-3100442663.jpg

image-3100442663.jpg

Any thing would be sooo helpful ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Upvote 3

arrowhead82

Dec 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
maybe some fellow left his coat there and never came back to get it! :laughing7:
great buttons and HH

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they all look to be the same age, but some are military and some look to be from a sportsmans hunting jacket

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be indications of a trash pit, depending on how close together you found them. if you found them all within 10 feet of each other, i would dig test holes 12-20 inches deep and stick the detector in the holes and see if you hit any more signals or see any glass/pottery, also if you dig a test hole and get iron signals deep, i would dig the hole out... chances are a trash pit or cellar hole or something in that nature may be lurking in that spot...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most are Livery buttons. Top right is British Artillery. I'd keep digging!

It's strange they are all together, and what makes the most sense to me is it was a collection when lost.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most are Livery buttons. Top right is British Artillery. I'd keep digging!

It's strange they are all together, and what makes the most sense to me is it was a collection when lost.

Agreed most a circa mid 19th C Livery Buttons (x8). The top right is late 19th C Artillery.

1 Hunts Button (boars head?) 19th C.

1 patterned late 19th C (bottom right).

The top left stands out to me, do you have a close up? Its a crown but is there any writing?

Last edited:

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look up Livery buttons, I think some of the buttons or all of them are from that time period, nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread