billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife bought a $75 antique child's picture with $25 shipping on a BIN offer. When she clicked, it went straight through to Paypal without stopping.... BAM, it's sold.... She has a $50 Ebay gift card to put in on the purchase, but it didn't stop to let her apply it.

My last BIN purchase, just the week before her's, stopped at the checkout page and let me apply Ebay Bucks.

Called Ebay. Rep. said we had to cancel order, contact vendor, and buy it again.... REALLY? How does one stop this Zip through checkout headache in the future?

Thanks,
Bill

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Log out of PayPal?? So you have to log in before purchase can go through each time.

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Log out of PayPal?? So you have to log in before purchase can go through each time.

Just went there and was required to log in. I don't recall ever leaving without logging out, plus there was a span of more than 8 days between this purchase and the last one. Would Paypal have stayed logged in that long?

Thanks for your insight,
Bill

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes it can stay logged in for that long usually it wont but Ive sold on ebay for years I would always recommend signing out for security reasons as well as this happening. You can contact the buyer to do a cancel transaction then repurchase using her gift card super easy. Most sellers have no problem with that.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Auctiva for writing and posting auctions. In the "check-out" section where I say I take credit cards and set the sales tax there is a box to check that is called: Require Immediate Payment

If i put a check in that box it automatically takes them to checkout mode. I do not know if there is a place to do coupons.

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put it in your cart instead of hitting the "Buy it Now" button. I didn't realize that Ebay didn't take you to a "how to pay" page when we use the "require instant payment" option. Hmmm. Agreed, you must have been already logged into Paypal(through ebay) when you hit BIN.

This would be a good question to call in to Ebay Radio with.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A few weeks ago, my husband accidentally ticked off the "join my PP and Ebay account" button. Now when you buy something, it automatically takes you there. maybe someone in your family did it? I believe you can undo it, but I haven't bothered because it is set up with pay for it later. I get a two week grace period, which works out great for crappy sellers. (Which we have been running into. Don't buy a cell phone off Ebay.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread