Resize the ring!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold this 14 K diamond ring on eBay. Small diamonds nothing special and at the end of the sale I get an email from the person saying "I will pay for it after you resize the ring to a six. thank you have a good day."

What the heck? I'm not resizing it! I told her I only sell the jewelry as is if she needs a Resize she needs to take it to her jeweler I am not able to do that. Looking like this will be a waste of time. I'll have to relist the item and go through the whole thing again. No where on my description does it say I can resize this ring for you. Ugh!

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notify eBay. They will give this buyer an unpaid item strike notice. They will also refund you your listing fees. Block the buyer. Also if you notify eBay then the buyer can not give you negative feedback.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might could be savable. Did you reach back out to the buyer, kindly advise you are not a jeweler? (that you covet your reputation/fb and would rather cancel order than risk anything less than a perfect transaction).
Any resizing is best done between the wearer and a jeweler, imo. I would never want someone to resize something, then send it to me.
Gotta go with your gut and cya, like tmb said. Good luck, let us know what happens.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We talked. She thought it was an option because it says the ring is resizable. On the little box you click on eBay.but she just paid for it too.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A size 6 is real small. The jeweler might give a discount cause he will get the gold he cuts out. Naaaaaaaaaa just dreaming. Only jeweler I know I think he is Russian Mafia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions