gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep" The chances of someone using a hacked ebay account are slim to none, and slim left town. Ebay is very good at detecting hack tries on accounts and is quick to notify the account holder and have them change their info. I have had this happen to my account and had no problems resulting from the attempt. The hacker did not actually even gain access and ebay was all over the case, protected me well. I don't try to sell out of the USA and I believe most problems with scammers are in dealing with other countries. Paypal, which I dislike (the whole system worked better when the main means of money transfer was USPS MOs, and no Paypal fees) doesn't really allow accounts to be made with stolen credit cards, their security is very good. Y'all do what you like, and I'll do the same. I'd rather be a trusting honest person than to go through life sweating things that are unlikely to actually occur. I also owned my own jewelry store for a while, and the customer was always right, even if they ordered a custom piece and didn't like it when I finished it or claimed it didn't fit properly and wanted their deposit back. In a retail business it is better to maintain an impeccable reputation, and occasionally eating the price on a sale is part of the cost of doing business.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep" The chances of someone using a hacked ebay account are slim to none, and slim left town. Ebay is very good at detecting hack tries on accounts and is quick to notify the account holder and have them change their info. I have had this happen to my account and had no problems resulting from the attempt. The hacker did not actually even gain access and ebay was all over the case, protected me well. I don't try to sell out of the USA and I believe most problems with scammers are in dealing with other countries. Paypal, which I dislike (the whole system worked better when the main means of money transfer was USPS MOs, and no Paypal fees) doesn't really allow accounts to be made with stolen credit cards, their security is very good. Y'all do what you like, and I'll do the same. I'd rather be a trusting honest person than to go through life sweating things that are unlikely to actually occur. I also owned my own jewelry store for a while, and the customer was always right, even if they ordered a custom piece and didn't like it when I finished it or claimed it didn't fit properly and wanted their deposit back. In a retail business it is better to maintain an impeccable reputation, and occasionally eating the price on a sale is part of the cost of doing business.
I guess you missed the point entirely didn't cha? This has nothing to do with hacked accounts, it is ebay policy, repeat ebay policy. Let me spell it out for you. If you ship an item to someone to an address that is different from the one they have listed on their ebay/paypal account, and they claim they never received the item, paypal will refund their money and you will be out of luck with that item. Comprehende?

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't miss a thing, others brought up the fear of hacked accounts, retail ideology, etc. Like I said, I have received items at other than my listed address, no problemo. I am aware of the policies thank you, and they are not laws that have to be followed. I will send items to other addresses if requested to with a good explanation from the buyer just as I have done as a buyer myself. Like I also said, I don't ship outside of the country and haven't had any problems, and I guess I am just not afraid to ship to another address upon reasonable request. Y'all are skeered to do so, so be it, no sweat off my back. Entiende??

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't miss a thing, others brought up the fear of hacked accounts, retail ideology, etc. Like I said, I have received items at other than my listed address, no problemo. I am aware of the policies thank you, and they are not laws that have to be followed. I will send items to other addresses if requested to with a good explanation from the buyer just as I have done as a buyer myself. Like I also said, I don't ship outside of the country and haven't had any problems, and I guess I am just not afraid to ship to another address upon reasonable request. Y'all are skeered to do so, so be it, no sweat off my back. Entiende??
Well alrighty then. Next! ::)

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hate to say it but you are very wrong. You ONLY ship to the approved address. I would not sell to you if you want to do otherwise. In my job we have seen plenty of attempts to use hacked ebay, paypal, credit card, forged purchase orders. Thinking the customer is always right and it's just the cost of business is no longer. People we have checked out because they looked like fraud have always liked that we were looking out for them and ourselves. Oh yes, I have had people try to phone in an order using stolen creds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread