Buying Large Bags of Dollars Question

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to my banker and he mentioned that I could order a bag of large dollars (Ikes). There is a charge of 5 dollars per bag (bag holds 500 one dollar coins). I Was just wondering if anyone has done this and have they found any or enough silver to make it worth the gamble. I am interested if anyone still finds peace or Morgan dollars anymore.

Cheers - Koffee

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Koffee

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did some checking on ebay they sell for about 40 for a roll (20 coins) on Uncirculated Bank rolled ikes. So not a bad score. Also these coins came in the bags we all use for dumping, the tough plastic tote bags. The interesting thing inside the bags there were coins in other sealed bags with official bank markings. I now wish I would of paid more attention to them before I put them in the trash.

Cheers - Koffee

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had horid luck with the ones i went through recently, roughly 12k in ikes. But i would pay 5 dollars a bag to get yours, mine came in 1k bags which is standard, yours coming in 500 dollar bags seems interesting to me, especially since some are loose and some seem to be rolled. Nice grab bag sound to that, like maybe they came from banks instead of coin counting places. I never tried the ebay route or anything to try and sell all my ikes, and just dumped most back at the bank in coinlok bags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread