Byrd Plastics Inc.

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
Okay, my question is really not "What is it worth?" more so I am trying to seek a bit more information about newest found "treasure".

When I came across this cup I picked it up for a few reasons . . it struck my interest :o. . I thought perhaps it was a cup from a child's tea set ???. . I thought maybe we could re-use it by making a small starting planter out of it ;D. . when I turned it over I saw the writing:

BYRD PLASTICS INC
Byrd's
Tranquil
WARE
MADE IN ERIE PA USA

This tickled me for I am use to seeing Made in (add country) never really saw a City & State so I was a bit more intrigued by this. . did a few searches in hopes of finding out a bit more about the company only to come up with a bit at Kovels in reference to a rectangular yellow tray from Byrd's Plastics year 2005.
Was curious if anyone else may know a bit more about this company & some of the items they have made? ???

The cup is green, squared & stands a smidge over 2 inches & is surely not mint condition so I see it having no monetary value but still itself & information I find to be priceless

Thank You so much! ;D

Bogart :D

bcup.jpg

OP
OP
bogeymcq

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Thank you so very much justgeese ;D

I have done searchs via Google & MSN, as well when I came across Vintages sites I poked around for much longer then I should :-[

Melmac? Ah yes ;D memories, memories. . funny bit items I grew up with they now refer to as "vintage or retro" . . wow :o ;D

Thank you for your thoughts on what may have happened to Byrd. . sad :'( happening more & more it seems, I just thought maybe I would be able to locate a bit more info on them. . ah well. .

Have a feeling if I go to the Thrift Store or Salavation Army Stores I will be able to locate more of the melmac. . seems all of us "vintage & retro" items end up there one way or another ;D

Thank you again justgeese! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer! ;D

T

TreasureTales

justgeese said:
57 have me beat by 2 years...Ever stop and think we are a lost generation?..Few years ago I gave my grandson a whistle, he looked at it a few minutes and then ask where do the batteries go? ;D True story
Don

That's funny and sad at the same time. Poor kids these days, everything has to entertain them - instead of them finding some way to entertain themselves.

T

TreasureTales

justgeese said:
So true.... started grandson wing shooting this year..missed 3 birds answering cell phone, told him he answered it one more time and he was homeward bound..phone got turned off. Wife and I have several nice antiques and collectibles thru out the house that she said we would pass on to the grandchildren....yeah right, will sell these puppies before I see them throw them in the trash
Don
In time, and with good grandparents like you and your wife, your grandkids will come around. When they are about 35, they will amaze you with their change of attitude. In the meantime, keep teaching them to shoot - might come in handy for many things. LOL

OP
OP
bogeymcq

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
;D

Check out what I spied on Ebay today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-44-PC-T...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Byrd's Plastic. . . avocado. . tranquilware . . . :o

Looking at the measurements, kinda close to the one I found. . but other then that color, shape. . ringer! :o

Okay. . the spot doesn't tell me much more but I am tickled to see something that is almost if not the item I found. . just liking it & wanting to say Thank You to those who posted & commented. .

Thank You ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread