Landscape Painting

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Made a stunning find at the local resale shop about 10 days ago.... It's a landscape oil painting 20" x 24" complete with river, mountains and pine trees. Cost me only $6. The only identifier is "P. Warden" in the lower right corner by the artist. I tried google and other methods and the only thing I came up w/ was that it MIGHT be by an artist named Patricia Warden. Being a greenhorn when it comes to art I wondered if anybody out there might have more information on value etc. Wish I could post a digital picture because it is truly an amazing painting --- it looks like you could just walk right into it for a stroll through nature. Please respond to this post or PM me if you think you might be able to help me.... Thanks!
HH
-spyguy

OP
OP
S

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Had this painting appraised this past weekend. It came in at only $200, but the appraisal was done on the CHEAP so nothing ventured & nothing lost. It still hangs on my bedroom wall and stuns me every time I look at it!
HH
-spyguy

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Spy I think that you make a great purchase. I am not familiar with the artist but in finding it this cheap and the 200.00 is probably on the low side. The important thing with any art is that the buyer loves and appreciates the piece. It will only increase in value as a rule :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread