Cabinet Knob

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was shooting my back yard. A small area because I live in the city. After a couple of bottle caps, old wire, and assorted scrap I came up with this. I thought it was a button. After I cleaned it up I realized it was a brass drawer knob. I am thinking very old 1889-1901. Any experts on these out here? Sorry about the pic the batteries were dying on my camera.

DSCF1726.JPG

Upvote 1

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not an expert, it looks really nice and old! Congrats. The "Very wise experts" Will probably chime in in a while to help you.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like it is an Eastlake design .. late 1800's - early 1900's ..Cool find!

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool find! Are you joeyboots from the Howard stern show? Just curious

OP
OP
Joeyboots

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the information. I didnt know it at the time but I compaired that knob to an Eastlake doorknob and thats where I estimated the date of it. Victorian style fits the bill as the house is a Victorian Era Townhouse. And, sorry no I am not the Howard Stern JoeyBoots. Army buddy gave me that name I didnt know Sterns boots. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions