Cache Creek Colorado NOT to be changed this year by BLM

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is good news from another forum:

"Looks like BLM has decided to simply leave things as they have been the last few years, for 2016 and NOT implement their new EA/Mgt Plan.

This will allow us full year access, the ability to prospect on the full 2,160-acres, allow us to still run a sluice box in the creek, not worry about OSHA-style digging rules or have to get a permit to prospect and pay $5 a day or $25 a "season"."

Of course, this means write to Colorado Senator Cory Gardner and Congress Doug Lamborn. Don't waste your time with Sen. Michael Bennett cause he would just work against it anyway.

(Sorry, but again, this IS political, but I kept it nice).

Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Obama administration thinks that the federal government "owns" the land and all the resources.

rsruss800

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2015
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spoke to Kalem with BLM myself, and due to Randy Witham's appeal there will be no changes this summer.

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can you provide anything to back this up?

The most recent from the BLM website shows the approval of the EA/Mgt plan: http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/b...I-BLM-CO-200-2012-0069 EA_Decision_Record.pdf

Yes, I can.

Here
To: Ronald Mathews <[email protected]>
Cc: Keith Berger <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, April 4, 2016 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: Cache Creek Placer Area Management Plan

Ron,

None of the actions in the proposed action will be implemented this year. Business as usual. There are additional required steps to put the permit program into place which require reviews at all levels of the department. Needless to say the next process usually takes awhile. Additionally an appeal has been filed on the decision so it will take a while before that gets sorted out.

Enjoy prospecting at Cache Creek.

Kalem Lenard
Outdoor Recreation Planner-Royal Gorge Field Office
3028 E Main Street
Canon City, CO 81212
719-269-8538
[email protected]

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Ronald Mathews <[email protected]> wrote:

Kalem:

My Name is Ronald Mathews, I am looking for an update/status on the implementation of the Cache Creek Placer Area Management Plan, talked to you at a couple of meetings, think the last was the COS AHRA/CPW/BLM Scoping Meeting. Memorial Day Weekend is fast approaching and I am getting anxious to do a little prospecting after another long winter. I saw that the Decision Record was signed by Keith Berger on 2/23/16 and it read like it was going to implemented this year. Is BLM going to implement in-whole or part the Plan this year? When will an announcement be made and when will the annual permit's be available for purchase? Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks

Ron

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More of us need to write Senator Gardner & Rep. Lamborn or next year, they likely will be trying to implement the changes KevinInColorado linked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread