Cache found!!! ~~~GOLD!!~~~~SILVER!!~~~~**UPDATE**

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
I got back out to the site GoldFever DanDan and I hit yesterday....Well I was not there long When I dug a very nice 1890 Indian Head...I figured that was a decent way to start the day!! Well I continued searching mostly along the same route we took yesterday hoping our haste would pay off and I would find something we missed! Well after digging 14-18 wheats I hit a cool pin. It looks gold plated with a small stone in the middle...Continuing along...Next find was some sort of clip thingy with a heart on it...Cool find.....My next signal shocked me half to death...I hit a solid signal but it was not showing a VDI number on my display....Well this kind of confused me....So I decided to dig...after getting down 8 inches and still nothing...I was about to call it quits on this hole..After rechecking the hole...Still nice loud signal....and still no number...Hmm....Well I dug about another half inch or so and my pinpointer yelped! Out pops a nice wedding band...A quick check and I notice 18K on the inner band...But it is kind of strange...It looks like an older band has been soldered onto it. The older band has some writing i can not fully make out...It is something like Repent Hearts Content..I can not make out the other word but it starts with a C...Looks like Canitde ??? Also is a date...1790 This is a cool find for me because i have not found any gold EVER with my Whites...Only my other detectors. My next find was in a hole someone dug yesterday....It was right next to the road and about 8 inches down also. I pull a tin box.. (not in the best shape.)Inside the tin box I hear a rattle...Hmm...Upon opening it I notice several buttons..A very old set of nail clippers....And 2 coins!!! Well nothing really cool but a cache none the less..The coins were a 1857 Flying Eagle penny...In very nice shape..(hard to tell from the pix) And the other is a German 10 Pfennig Not sure the date on it. Attached are pix of the buttons. If anyone knows anything about the buttons please let me know. My last find was a 1935 Merc...This was found also right next to a hole someone dug yesterday. Well here are some pix...The black button with the animal on it that is dated 1851 is made of rubber...Hence the name on the back GoodYear

Attachments

• indian front.jpg
    indian front.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,578
  • indianback.jpg
    indianback.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,578
  • fly.jpg
    fly.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,580
  • flyfly.jpg
    flyfly.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,567
  • flyb.jpg
    flyb.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,573
  • repent.jpg
    repent.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,564
  • merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,564
  • nail2.jpg
    nail2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,561
  • nail.jpg
    nail.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,574
  • pinn.jpg
    pinn.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,536
  • whoknows.jpg
    whoknows.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,556
  • cadet front.jpg
    cadet front.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,549
Upvote 0

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
Re: Cache found!!! ~~~GOLD!!~~~~SILVER!!~~~~LOTS OF PIX

Wow!!!! Great buttons!!!!!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

Congrats on one heck of a day! BEAUTIFUL STUFF!

HH

~Nash~

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Anyone....How do we get to the FOR SALE section..where is it..dont see it even though I'm logged on.

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega

I can ID two of the bottons. The first is the obvious USMA CADET. United Stated Military Academy West Point. Dont know the age, Never went there. I wore a butter bar though I didnt have to go to the point to find mine. The second Botton is a standard Police Uniform Botton. I dont know how old that one is, though it looks the same as the ones I wore on my uniforms when I was a patrolman. They come in silver and gold plate, for detectives and brass!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Absolutely fantastic finds! I think those nail clippers are really cool! I have never seen ones that old. Very cool.

baldingboy

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

This post would be a candidate for the finds banner if...

a. the images were hosted / posted at TreasureNet....

and b...it were kept on topic ;)

Marc

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

Those are some really wonderful finds, that flying eagle looks to be in fantastic condition looks like the soil in that area is very kind to the copper as the indian looks really nice as well. My favorite is that button with what looks to be and old style dog or wolf? or maybe a wolverine on it,really tough looking. Keep saving those coins and interesting items and I will keep gobbling up the eye candy,HH...Shoot

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used

Marc said:
This post would be a candidate for the finds banner if...

a. the images were hosted / posted at TreasureNet....

and b...it were kept on topic ;)

Marc
Sorry I would have hosted at T-net but there were too many...I never thought of putting the pix in a reply....I corrected it. Thanks! ;)

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Thanks - the reason we prefer TreasureNet-hosted images is, we don't want want featured posts out of our control - if some image hosting site goes down, we look, well, incompetent!

Have you read this completely?

You can post images, then text, then images here.

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used

Marc said:
Thanks - the reason we prefer TreasureNet-hosted images is, we don't want want featured posts out of our control - if some image hosting site goes down, we look, well, incompetent!

Have you read this completely?

You can post images, then text, then images here.
No I never read that...Thanks...That is a HUGE help.

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

Nice finds!!!

The hunter's button is the 1851 Goodyear? I bought some years ago at a flea market. A couple of hunter's buttons and a Liberty Head button for a couple of bucks. Then I same them on ebay, seems the Liberty Head went pretty high.. $50 if I remember.. pretty cool!!

MonkeyBoy

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

What fantastic finds. Sounds like somebody can't pinpoint! :-X Oh well, their loss your gain. HH and keep it swinging

Desertfox

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

how does rusty nail clippers and 2 coins constitute a cache ???
dont get me wrong all good finds but......and what about the tin box :-\

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used

EDDEKALB said:
how does rusty nail clippers and 2 coins constitute a cache ???
dont get me wrong all good finds but......and what about the tin box :-\
It was rusty nail clippers...2 coins....and 7 buttons. The tin box is in my junk pile. I did not bring it inside last night to take a pic. And although I thought about it I was so beat from 17 hours of detecting in a 48 hour period....I decided to leave that monster right in the junk pile. Sorry.

Oh....BTW...I see no reference to how many items must be hidden together to create a cache. So I would conclude that a tin box with all of the for mentioned items in it was indeed to be considered a cache... ;) ;D
Main Entry: cache
Pronunciation: 'kash
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from cacher to press, hide, from Vulgar Latin *coacticare to press together, from Latin coactare to compel, frequentative of cogere to compel -- more at COGENT
1 a : a hiding place especially for concealing and preserving provisions or implements b : a secure place of storage
2 : something hidden or stored in a cache

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Outraged....what finds!!! I'd be happy just finding any of the one items you found! I'm getting more daring in asking permission...so maybe one day soon, I will be posting amazing finds as you did! Va Beach is rich with history, if you can just get out and dig the lands!!!

Congrats again on some really awesome finds!

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Wow!, I would definitely call that a great cache find. That flying eagle cent would have been enough, but the other finds are great as well. I really like those old nail clippers, very cool...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

P.S.> I bet who ever didn't dig far enough down to hit that cache is going to be sorry they didn't, when, or if they ever find out...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread