AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my god that load in todays market you could go on plenty of vacations!

YosamiteDig

Greenie
Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
battlecat said:
About the old milk cans, Grandpa seemed real upset about them not being where they should have been. He believes they were stolen by the same family members that have takin most of his money. He had quite a bit of lave savings for himself but it was stolen by the people he loved. Its sad because now he has hardly anything left in his savings.
That's really nice of your grandpa. Awesome collection. On the other side of the coin, it's extremely upsetting to hear how some of his personal savings was stolen. You should investigate this and if you find who is responsible for this action, make sure they don't forget it.

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nathatniel Spogsworthy said:
Why is this relevant? Congrats on the windfall, but this could be replayed a 100,000,000 times over with countless families. Just saying......

Really? ??? So you've heard of a 100 million caches like this one?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a party!! So much fun to find all of that!

All the best,

Lanny

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome gold coin :o

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Nathatniel Spogsworthy said:
Why is this relevant? Congrats on the windfall, but this could be replayed a 100,000,000 times over with countless families. Just saying......

Please, by all means, feel free to share your family version.....................many of us would likely find it interesting as well..............

Diggem'

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
An update to those that are still around here and followed this thread.. We are now living with and taking 24 hour care of my wifes grandfather. He has Alzheimers and dimensia and is in pretty bad health. We moved in about 15 months ago,to take care of him.

Last edited:

keith2004

Jun 16, 2012
alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An update to those that are still around here and followed this thread.. We are now living with and taking 24 hour care of my wifes grandfather. He has Alzheimers and dimensia and is in pretty bad health. We moved in about 15 months ago,to take care of him.
but why have you removed all the pics ?

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
I was going to actually delete the whole thing but didnnt know how, two reasons, I wont go into much detail, but its been a long exhausting legal battle for us to be able to provide proper care for him and he doesnt remember any of this, when this was posted he was excited to see the posts from other people and now he cant enjoy it. I guess that part is selfish, although its a fun memory, its also frustrating knowing he will never remember

Feb 26, 2013
Denver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I just read this whole thread for the first time. Can't believe it goes all the way back to 2006. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa.

I just started collecting coins and coin roll hunting this last year. Found 2 1964 Kennedy Halfs, and 4 40% Silver '67, '68 Kennedys after going through 11 boxes of halves. Your Grandpa sounds like smart man. Hope I can stack that much silver someday.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This treasure was found at grandpa's house?? This is a inheritance or a gift, not a found treasure..... Lame... I'm sure much greater treasures have been passed down through families throughout the years. Deepest sympathy for you and your family though as you deal with the disease and it's horrible effects.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scotty544 said:
This treasure was found at grandpa's house?? This is a inheritance or a gift, not a found treasure..... Lame... I'm sure much greater treasures have been passed down through families throughout the years. Deepest sympathy for you and your family though as you deal with the disease and it's horrible effects.

WOW that is terrible man.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I inherited 84 acres and a house. Thanks Grandpa.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread