Cache hunting again today...FOUND ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back out cache hunting again today. The story goes the crazy old guy who lived here from 1920-1960 loved to stash stuff everywhere. Last trip I pulled the KKK token in the woods out back too...so this guy was into way more than fixing cars and burying loot...

Well, get out there this morning and the woods are soggy, nasty mess...then it starts pouring AGAIN. So we turn our attention to the outbuildings. Fortunately for us, the current owner has granted us full acess to everything...we did give the buildings a quick check awhile back and did find a hidey-hole under a trap door in the floor. EMPTY of course, by very cool evidence the stories could be true.

Then Bruce notices something odd in the back of the barn...an extra cinder block mortared into place on top of a wall. It served no purpose either structural or decorative. Passed IDX over the block and get a loud clear tone...something DEFFINATELY in there...

Maybe the extra block was for lag bolt or something, always run into those in buildings...BUT the top to this one was open, the tops of all the other blocks were covered with concrete. Reach in the holes in the center of the block, left hole filled with dirt...right hole was empty.

I'm really trying NOT to get my hopes up at this point...

Found a spoon to start to dig the dirt out of the block...which was above my head on the wall. Then I hit something solid. Reach my hand in and there's BOX.

HOLY F****** Dude there's something in here, Bruce reaches into the hole and his eyes get real wide "Oh Boy."

Have to dig a little more to loosen up box...ofcourse, by now you KNOW what I'm thinking!

Double eagles, come on double eagles....

Finally free the small orange box...

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,394
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back