Cache of Indian Heads

D

doyboy

I wanted to post a special cache that I had found last year. While detecting my "hot spot" I got a perfect "Quarter" reading that pinpointed at 2.5". After digging the hole I noticed a bunch of coins in the hole. It was not a quarter! I pulled them out and my heart started to race. The coins were stuck together in two stacks. I had found 6 Indian Head pennies in the same hole. The dates ranged from 1899-1907. This is by far my largest cache of old coins. It was an awesome thrill! Oh, and that same day I found an 1871 IH (semi-key date), 1912 Barber dime (XF-40), and a 1907 V-Nickel.

Attachments

• Cache.jpg
    Cache.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Cache doyboy.

Congrats !

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doyboy,

WOW!

HH :)
RR

Chester Copper Pot

Apr 16, 2005
WI
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro
Great little indians. I have yet to find any myself. Just think, that could've been a small childs year of savings hidden away.

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found about 50 old wheaties like that once in an apple orchard. Wish they were indians. Great dig, man! keep em comin
Jer

S

southbound

Great! You found a nice pile of old coins there! Congrats.
Vern

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found sliver and gold but never found an Indian yet! You make it look so easy! Monty

OP
OP
D

doyboy

My buddies call me the "Indian Head God." It seems like that is all I find. Zoyboy is more like the "Mercury dime God."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread