Season 11

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in the season finale they didn't indicate that they're giving up next year; they intend to honeycomb drill a new zone near the garden shaft and baby blob.

IMO the Garden Shaft is permanently dead because of flooding. I wonder if the plan of a giant pit could have succeeded if they had use the frozen earth method? But then would the salt water still have flooded it because of the lower freezing point?

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
Hasn’t a giant pit dig been done before by Dunfield?

IMG_0730.jpeg

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they'd explain why they don't do certain things like atleast take 1 scoop out from under the big rock they picked up instead of having Marty get in there and fish around in the water to see if he finds anything. That was stupid in my opinion. They didn't even have the guy that knows about dirt take a look in there to try to determine how long the rock has been there based on the soil under and around it. I know just about every where on the island they have to have permits and or archeologists right there which is fine just let us know your waiting on permit etc. They keep talking about the swamp and every year they drain it, so go on and dredge it all out and see if anything is there. They keep tip toeing around actually doing a big dig there for some reason, yet talk about it a few times a year..

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped watching many years ago, so I'm in the dark on this one. If The Money Pit is where the money was hidden, why are they digging all over the island now? Doesn't make sense to me, unless it's just a way to avoid the inevitable fact that there's no treasure to be found...

Erndog72

Oct 14, 2023
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
One nice thing about the program is that you can skip all of the episodes until the last one, since they are each 95%+ rehashes of previous episodes. They could probably fit a lot more new material (if they had any) into an episode if they had a narrator that doesn't talk like William Shattner.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best part is you can fall asleep and get caught up in the last 5 minutes when you wake up from your nap

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a little tired of the continual flood tunnel references, when they excavated the beach, none were found.
There were 2 flat rocks leaning up against each other in a triangle shape, with a ground hog sized hole, and they figured that must be it.
I'm calling BS.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Figure this was "done" (if anything was done) in the 18th or 19th century. Unless you are totally divorced from reality and think it was 14th century Templars. What tools and equipment they could have shipped to Oak Island in small ships that would have allowed them to defy modern digging techniques, huge Hp, equipment to get to it?

The whole concept is silly.

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
The flood tunnels have been proven to be absolute fiction. Deep excavaions from smiths cove to the fictional money pit area disclosed that flood tunnels never existed.

The same is true with the “mysterious wooden structure” in smiths cove. Nothing more than a common wharf and ship service area.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The flood tunnels have been proven to be absolute fiction. Deep excavaions from smiths cove to the fictional money pit area disclosed that flood tunnels never existed.

The same is true with the “mysterious wooden structure” in smiths cove. Nothing more than a common wharf and ship service area.
I think the ship service center makes the most sense.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole premise of flood tunnels and The Money Pit has many flaws, but they ignore the biggest flaw in their theory. Pirates were uneducated ruffians who probably couldn't write their own name or even count to 10! No way on earth could they have devised all the traps that the Laginas and others claimed they did to protect their treasure. Not to mention it would have been physically impossible for them to dig down 100 feet or more and then dig flood tunnels by hand. Sorry, but this tale is just too far-fetched for a logical person to believe...

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
The whole premise of flood tunnels and The Money Pit has many flaws, but they ignore the biggest flaw in their theory. Pirates were uneducated ruffians who probably couldn't write their own name or even count to 10! No way on earth could they have devised all the traps that the Laginas and others claimed they did to protect their treasure. Not to mention it would have been physically impossible for them to dig down 100 feet or more and then dig flood tunnels by hand. Sorry, but this tale is just too far-fetched for a logical person to believe...
There is one work that sums up the whole Oak island saga "Folly"

Crow

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirates were uneducated ruffians who probably couldn't write their own name or even count to 10!
Probably so, most of them anyway, but where's the proof, or the merest hint, that pirates were responsible?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I can't even begin to understand is why bury ANYTHING 100+ feet deep? And to what end? What's the difference between 20 feet deep vs 100+ except 80 feet and all the work? Again to what end or purpose...?

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know about "flood tunnels", but Billy exposed a tunnel from Smith's Cove heading toward the money pit. It was dug until the tunnel became too deep for the long arm excavator and the sides began to collapse. While it may not qualify as a flood tunnel, it was a tunnel.

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
I don't know about "flood tunnels", but Billy exposed a tunnel from Smith's Cove heading toward the money pit. It was dug until the tunnel became too deep for the long arm excavator and the sides began to collapse. While it may not qualify as a flood tunnel, it was a tunnel.
Tunnel…..or one of the myriad of naturally occurring underground waterways found on islands?

All of the trash and wood found always comes from a previous searcher’s digging efforts.

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do people keep banging on about flood tunnels? The more important consideration is whether or not there might have been a deposit of some form on Oak Island. The Laginas and many others before them have used the potential existence of flood tunnels to suggest that this indicates there was a treasure in the Money Pit that needed to be protected. But the one doesn’t necessarily follow from the other.

The first question is whether there is any real evidence of a deposit on Oak Island. The second question is, if so, where is it or, if it’s gone, where was it. However, the two questions are obviously closely related and could, and perhaps should, be combined into one. Is there a treasure on Oak Island, or was there one, and where? The answer, in actual fact, is that we currently don’t know either way, but this doesn’t stop people declaring emphatically that they do.

My view is that the Laginas should go back to the sources and, if they truly believe there’s a possibility that there’s a treasure on the island, irrespective of the presence or not of flood tunnels, then they think very carefully about how to identify where they should be looking, and at what, and why they should be doing so.

That's to say that they should stop playing at treasure hunting and get serious.

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would ask where’s the proof that anything was ever buried on oak island,
Maybe you, and many others, should start looking for it instead of declaring that you know the answers to questions without needing to do any investigation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread