Calculated Scrap Gold Value

cyperpc

Nov 18, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;Fisher CZ-21; White Classic IDX Pro; White Classic SL
My wife wanted a new ring made from my mother-in-law's old ring which was cut off when she passed away many years ago. I looked at the ring and it saw it was 10K gold.
The jeweler said they would give us $45 for the ring only (not the diamonds, we are using them in the new ring). WOW that is not much; what is the gold prices for a 10K ring? I found this website that will Calculated Scrap Gold Value. I wanted to share so the next ring you find you know want it maybe worth. Scrap Gold Calculator (Live Gold Price) - GoldCalc.com

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
my mother-in-law's old ring which was cut off when she passed away]

Yeah, I also have a mother in law; her rings do not bother me, it is her mouth and rolling eyes I would like to cut off her.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I also have a mother in law; her rings do not bother me, it is her mouth and rolling eyes I would like to cut off her.

lol

chub

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can purchase a small scale for precious metals. Always weigh different puritys separately. (10 w/ 10, 14 w/ 14 and 18 w/ 18.) Remember that stones have weight so you need to allow for that when you calculate the final scrap gold weight. There are some smelters that will send you an envelope with mailing instructions.
I have heard of numerous customers who used ARA and were very happy with their gold price and process.
www.aragold.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread