OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other

Thought I was pretty clear.

I've tried every search string I can think of, various engines, historical society is closed till spring.

Would have thought something like slate or sandstone would have been called a quarry or similar.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn’t Michigan know for salt and copper ore?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
JoeDirt, the Copper is in the upper penninsula, Salt that I know of under Detroit. This county is central lower penninsula

releventchairr, I hadnt thought of gypsum, and thanks for the list, I hadn't seen that, but the county in question ain't on the list.

Untitledrtuyr.jpg

Untitledfytdhjdgh.jpg

I admit, I really dont know what this says, lol.

Untitledfytdhjdf.jpg

OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe try this site....I had it on Wexford ,for some reason. That's a Ways North of me, but middish. Putting the county you want in the search bar might turn something up.
Entering Michigan townships , then selecting search deposits shows some ideas of what exists where.
https://thediggings.com/usa/michigan/wexford-mi165

Thanks for that link. Things like that is what I was looking for. But no results for that county.

I ain't expecting to find a lost gold mine or anything, but curiosity has gotten the best of me.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for that link. Things like that is what I was looking for. But no results for that county.

I ain't expecting to find a lost gold mine or anything, but curiosity has gotten the best of me.

I dug through it and found most of it was U.P. sites . So I deleted it.

Hard tellin what they had without local research on your site ,I know ,that's what you are trying yo do.

There are lakes near me created when lime was dug. Surprisingly big ones.

With the previous glacial actions ,the deck got buried or uncovered, or ran over the top of. Some places a little of each.
Left quite a mix .

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I see in post #10's list for MI. you do have some coal. Back in the Dust Bowl Days, my Dad, Grandad and some others where cleaning out a dried up pond and found a coal seam. About 2 1/2' thick. They also found an iron pry bar and the remains of a couple of shovels. They dug coal most of the summer and in Sept. the rains came. Dad (who was about 12) had to wade in neck deep water to where they had left their pry bar and a couple of shovels. Some of it is probably still in the pond today. They at least figured out why they found what the first guys left. Good luck.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its mine lol Happy new year Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread