Calgary / Edmonton Canada research

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
As it always seems, I stumbled across this while searching for something completely different.

John-Edmonton, is this is an area you hunt?

If so, there may be some neat relics left over. The author speaks of burying things for other travelers and gives some fair directions as to the locations they were at. There is also mention of a specific location 110 miles east of Calgary by 115 miles southeast of Edmonton.

The google earth image shows this area as farm land. If you start your additional research, and are able to obtain permission to hunt the area, you may get to go in the spring when you thaw out. ( BTW, the sand in Florida never freezes :wink: )

The text is from 1857-1860 by a guy known as Capt. Palliser who was exploring the area.

Good luck if you get to hunt the area.

Attachments

• canada 1.jpg
    canada 1.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 139
  • canada 1 a.jpg
    canada 1 a.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 148
  • canada2.jpg
    canada2.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 152
  • canada2 a.jpg
    canada2 a.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 137

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
As a matter of fact, I have worked some of those areas. I pulled out large cents, old silver late 1800's, musket balls etc. I was there again a couple of months ago using my sniper coil, and go figure, managed another large cent and old silver quarter. Thanks for the post. I am familiar with a lot of the history about the Blackfoot & Cree North American Natives. Some of those locations bring back some good memories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread