California Birth Certificate

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Hi Everyone,

I posted this in the California forum but I thought it might get noticed here a little more. I live in Missouri with my girlfriend and she was born out in Stockton, CA. She needs her birth certificate to renew her drivers license here and I have had zero luck trying to find out where to get it. If one of you guys or gals could point me to the correct agency to contact I would really appreciate it. Thanks,

Charlie

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Hey Savant, I just went through this a couple months back, live in Idaho born in Long Beach Ca. I went to an online place & paid $60 & they screwed it all up, never did send my birth certificate (Im fighting to get money back). My mom was vacationing in San Diego & volunteered to drive to L.A. county to get it for me. The whole ordeal was a major pain in my dairy-aire & I hope you fair better than I did.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are 2 birth certificates in most states for each person. # 1 is the hospital issued birth certificate. #2 is a state issued birth certificate. Do you know which one is your DMV asking for ?

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
In my experience, when a birth certificate is required for Identification, it normally is the one with the raised seal. That would be the state issued one.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most places don't accept the hospital issued certificate. It's fairly easy to get a copy of your official birth certificate, as I had to get one from the State of Oklahoma. That was post 9/11 too. Did you all know that the federal government will accept a handwritten note from your Mom? When my Mom died I took my Dad to the social security office to see about drawing her benefits. I asked him if he had his birth certificate and he said, no, but he did have a note from his Mom. Well, alright, and I felt like the biggest fool in the world when the lady asked for his birth certificate and I had to say he had a note from his Mom. Surprise, she said that would be fine. And it was a note written by Grandma, attesting to his birth, date, and location, and that the original record was lost in a courthouse fire. Course, this was pre-9/11.

S

stefen

extractor said:
There are 2 birth certificates in most states for each person. # 1 is the hospital issued birth certificate. #2 is a state issued birth certificate. Do you know which one is your DMV asking for ?

Make that 3 places...Yellow Cab

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread