California: Can I dredge on a Native American Res?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You pmd me the tribe but don't state here and I am positive they -their lawyer in his $10,000 doe skin suit-was in the senate chamber during the drege annialation and thanked his senators(bought and paid for) for their fine job. Anti dredge 100% UNLESS they want something. nope-not never as would rather die first-John

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, but he is a personal friend and doesn't believe in the dredging ban, I cant include him in their decision against dredging.
Thanks for the info though, I couldn't find anything when I was googling and he didn't have too much info either, actually leaning more on the Pro-Dredging side because of the gravel plant.

I want to help him because he needs his part of the river restored/maintained to continue to live off the fishing, even if I don't find much gold its still worth it to help him and his family.
They are good people and it is hard to find good people anymore in this world.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All tribe members get cash so need to live is sketchy at best. Also tribe was the slime that demanded my claims under the trinity River Ruination plan also. I have Senate cd of testimony on killing dredging so they can gill net the salmon and current papers filed also DEMANDING all claims on the trinity stolen by the TRRP. Public meeting in Weaverville this May spelling out their demands by FS and BLM . Smoking gun means no help nevermore-John

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My friend is an individual and does not represent his tribe on those matters.
He doesn't even know anyone personally that was against dredging, and its a small community.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get his tribal elders to publicly denounce the rest of the tribes view and agree to witness for us and I'd come help ya for free, you keep the gold!

Last edited:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would highly recomend getting anything you agree upon in writing put onto a legal contract & if they won't do that then I would walk away.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
River Maintenance is common and not an issue, already have the ok for it.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going down into the hole next weekend.

There is a LOT of iron that I am going to be removing too.
I guess after their Century flood they used old cars to build the banks back up, well tons of that metal has broken away over the years and gone downstream.

Just sitting in the shallow rapids I was pulling out brake drums, gears and random iron.

I also have 2 very large submerged stumps that are mostly covered in overburden that I am removing as well because they pose a threat to anyone drifting, rafting or swimming downstream. They weren't there a couple years ago and the lack of river flow has kept them where they are.

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No offense Neo, I love your videos and really respect your abilities, but are you serious? Your sounding like the Sierra Fund, do you not see the irony or hypocrisy? :icon_scratch::BangHead: I was gonna say if he's such a nice guy, their tribe is pro dredging, and your just doing river maintenance to save his fishing lifestyle- take out the riffles, mat, and carpet. But instead, go ahead and leave them in, just make sure and post the time and place so we can get a news crew out there to expose it all for what it is. That would really help out in the courts!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He has some weight with the counsel, I am going to try to encourage him to start talking to them about the benefits if they don't already know about them.
I still cant find any info about them google searching that they are anti-dredging.

I think eventually they can help, but treating them like the Karuks is not going to get anywhere.

Its easy complain from behind the computer, but I am going to be out trying to actually do something about this.
If we get one tribe to support us, like you said, it will be a huge turning point.

I also do not mean to denote anyone who has worked to help get us back in the water, these are hard times but we are gaining ground, if we have one friendly on the other side then we need to embrace him or her. Knowledge spreads like wildfire and soon common sense replaces the lies that were once there.

Real progress is still far out, but I am going to document the river restoration with my GoPro.

PS. All hypothetical. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got word that I wont be going this weekend.
He is also going to talk to a few other people about dredging and try to help spread the facts and see where people's opinion's are sitting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread