Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I was in the woods a few years ago and found a old rusty car. Inside the car was a cache of gold coins. I sadly I dropped a octagonal coin I could not find it. When I got home I did research and found out that most of them were tokens, but one was a authentic California fractional gold coin. Also, Now that my grandma sold that property I can not go back. Anyway are some pictures.

P.S. someone one anther thread said it was fake but I have found the same one slabbed on ebay plus many other "un"slabbed ones. and I'm sorry that my picture is blurry these coins are extremely tiny.

P.P.S. The other post I posted was before I found out they were authentic and I also posted it in the wrong section.

View attachment 848572
One I found during research
View attachment 848574
One I found during research
View attachment 793110
mine
View attachment 793111
mine

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If that bottom image is suppose to be an 1870 Indian Head $1 Gold coin, it isn't even close. The obverse legend should read: United States of America-- not several stars in lieu. And to place a real gold coin on a trinket loop raises yet another red flag with me.
Don.......

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must be gettin' old because I'm lost again...and...I can't find my popcorn.

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please explain the story a little further, OP. This is relevant to my Interests.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Says in the first post his grandma sold the property so he can't go back :icon_scratch: So she gave him permission to hunt on property she sold? How does that work? And I would not have left a gold coin I dropped unless I dropped it down a well or something.

I found these a WHILE back but decided to do research today and discovered they are authentic so I posted it today, and the other post I posted was before I found out they were authentic and I also posted it in the wrong section.

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better photos and just tell me where you found them. Ill go get permission and find the one you lost.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say you found a cache of gold coins and then we just see a picture of one coin on a trinket loop? ???:dontknow::icon_scratch: If I found a cache of gold coins I'd lay them all out and put flowers around them before I took a picture..:occasion18:.. then I would post about 100 other pictures of them.... front and back.:laughing7: I'd love to see pictures of all of them. :thumbsup:

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found these a WHILE back but decided to do research today and discovered they are authentic so I posted it today, and the other post I posted was before I found out they were authentic and I also posted it in the wrong section.

I had thought that but there are some other inconsistencies in your story that have been pointed out by others. Namely, who waits a "WHILE" to research dug gold coins?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread