California Mining Museum robbed

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a rotten thing for anyone to do--some people have no respect or honor--greed and dishonor are the only things driving them.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They didnt just rob the Museum, they robbed the kids and adults alike that visit too. :(

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
We were on our way to Coulterville and when we went by the fairgrounds, they were police swarming all over that place. We thought maybe it was just their command center for the Mariposa Tomato festival. Hang them high until they rot and fall and shoot anyone who trys to cut them down...

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pray your wrong Russau, but not a single gram of the Yreka gold theft was ever found and they even had a long video of the heist in action, sic sic sic devastating loss to kalif miners golden legacy-John

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sad story. I just dont understand why there isnt some type of gps tag inside these big nuggets. Im just glad they werent able to get the frigot nugget. I heard they got good video of these scum bags car jacking a truck at pioneer to do the job with. That in my book is a great development.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasnt that a repro of the Fricot nugget?

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought it was real. I could be wrong. But it sure is under a heavy lock and key for a fake.

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Edit. i just realized they haven't said if the frigot nugget is gone this has to be some of the worst reporting ever done. No details nothing. Its almost as the state is embarrassed about there lack of security not in place.

I just looked it up. It's the real deal. 13 pounds of gold sitting in a safe behind bullet proof glass. . It's crazy to think someone forgot they had this In a safety box somewhere for 50 years.

Last edited:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hard Times here in Cal.
Media should have never reported - " gold would be pretty much unsellable on either the legitimate or black markets in their natural form" ... "They probably would take them to an oxyacetylene torch and just melt them down into blobs of gold" Dang Fox news. Its melted for sure now (Sad). Should have waited for attempted sale. Dang dirty media. F'M' All

I'll buy it from the thieves...payment will be in lead (heavy lead).

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they didnt get the Fricot nugget
A local guy here had 30 something oz stolen in broad daylight here a few years ago...they caught the kid,but never recovered the gold.He is serving 5 years and I guarantee will be living off that gold in Mexico,when he gets out

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they didnt get the Fricot nugget
A local guy here had 30 something oz stolen in broad daylight here a few years ago...they caught the kid,but never recovered the gold.He is serving 5 years and I guarantee will be living off that gold in Mexico,when he gets out

With a name and release date we could give him a ride to the border. Bet it's covered tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread