NEW TO THE FORUMS - VERY INTERSETED IN GETTING STARTED

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you're out in the desert where water is a problem, what about a metal detector for nuggets? You could also study up on how to dry pan, or how to use a dry-washer in dry gulches. I've never used a recirculating sluice, so I can't help you with that, but you certainly have a lot of other options for getting gold in the desert.

All the best,

Lanny

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Us Arizona gold prospectors are real big on Drywashing. I use a lttle Goldbuddy, recirculating sluice in the Monsoon season, when it's too wet to drywash. The main thing with a recirc, is keeping it small enough to work on 10-gallons of water, and having a good filtration system around your water pump. A motorcycle battery will run it all day. Look at this link if you are interested in a drywasher that is light and retains gold - Arizona made by Brett Chilcot AZ Desert Gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread