Called a bank today to ask for halves

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
optix said:
The nice teller tells me that they have about 100 dollars worth that where recently turned in by another collector like myself. "Are you interested in them, they are wrapped" WTF lol

TAKE THEM

You never know, they could have left the 65-70 40% halves in there.

My first road trip I was not going to stop at a specific bank because they said that they had a guy drop off a bunch of halves. I went anyways just because it was on my way home. I ended up netting 23 - 40% halves from those that were dropped off. 7 were in one roll and another roll had 14 side by side. and then 2 rolls with 1 each. They were obviously someones searched rolls as they were hand wrapped and marked.

Buy them and while you are there, buy some dimes and maybe quarters. make the trip worth it because you just never know. Hell there could be an error that he didnt see or didnt care about in there. Buy it, get it out of cirulation.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Optix, I'm not sure how long you have been at this game, but if you go through the old posts, you will read advice from old timers like myself to "Buy Them All". Many of times, it won't pay out. But when it does, you will thank yourself that you did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread