72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey just want to send a shout out to all in Arkansas and encourage you to start using the Arkansas section of Tnet. We have a valueable resource here that Marc and the other mods have made for us. There are 55 of us registered on Tnet that have Arkansas as their homestate. I see that some of you are lurkers, and thats ok (I was a lurker for about 4 yrs. :tongue3: ) Try posting here, say a few words, show some finds, or even share some info. I think I can safely say that I and a few others will enjoy your posts and respond to any inquiries. Lets build some friendships based on the fact that we all have something in common....This awesome state we live in! :hello2:

Sawdr73

Greenie
May 19, 2009
McNeil, AR
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 1/DB, White's Coinmaster 5000/D, White's Prizm V, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
:hello:Hello Cheyenne from McNeil (just north of Magnolia). I am usually a lurker but here goes. Don't have any pics to post yet. Y'all probably have seen enough pulltabs without me posting pics of them. So far, that is mostly what I have found. Finally broke into finding a few coins, no goodies yet but did work hard for the coins.

I have been to Mansfield before. I went there one time to look at a saw filer job bud did not take it. I think it was at Travis Lumber Co.(?) It is a long drive from here. Maybe sometime in the future we can have an "Arkansas" hunt. I have a couple of friends here that I have started hunting with. They have a lot of experience and have really tried to help me learn. We are planning an "excursion" this Saturday. It has been so hot and dry that digging is extremely hard. The ground is like cement. Has me looking forward to the fall and hopefully "softer" ground. I guess you have lots of rock to dig in, don't you? So digging down here would not bother you much...LOL.

Maybe this Arkie section will get going soon.
Mickey

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
72 Cheyenne how is iy going??? Havent been hunting much...found a few wheaties here and there.....been way too hot here too....ground is hard as bricks...came thru your neighborhood Sunday.....went to see my mom and sis in Prairie Grove Saturday night and came back thru Sunday....are they building a new grocery store behind the old one there in Mansfield???Man that is gonna be nice.....still trying to finish up a few things on the house...been kind of a rough week...our 9 year old chihauhau died Sunday night/Monday morning....wife's aunt had him...then Tuesday wife's mom found out from eye doctor that the pain she has been having is due to mass in front lobe of her brain...not sure what it is....could be mass of vessels or blood clot...not sure yet....she goes to Little Rock Tuesday to neurologist to see what is going on....keep us in your prayers...been kind of wild around here....see ya later...

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sawdr73 said:
:hello:Hello Cheyenne from McNeil (just north of Magnolia). I am usually a lurker but here goes. Don't have any pics to post yet. Y'all probably have seen enough pulltabs without me posting pics of them. So far, that is mostly what I have found. Finally broke into finding a few coins, no goodies yet but did work hard for the coins.

I have been to Mansfield before. I went there one time to look at a saw filer job bud did not take it. I think it was at Travis Lumber Co.(?) It is a long drive from here. Maybe sometime in the future we can have an "Arkansas" hunt. I have a couple of friends here that I have started hunting with. They have a lot of experience and have really tried to help me learn. We are planning an "excursion" this Saturday. It has been so hot and dry that digging is extremely hard. The ground is like cement. Has me looking forward to the fall and hopefully "softer" ground. I guess you have lots of rock to dig in, don't you? So digging down here would not bother you much...LOL.

Maybe this Arkie section will get going soon.
Mickey

Hey Sawdr73, thanks for the reply, I think we spoke some by PM a while back, but I can't remember for sure. Anyhow, stick with the detecting. Determination is what makes us successful, although sometimes we just get lucky. The longer you use your machine, the quicker things start to become easier. Next thing you know you've maxed out the machine your using and you will be looking to upgrade. Then you'll go back to all them sites you thought you had hunted out, and guess what, you still find more stuff. Its a vicious circle really, but I find that it is one of the few things left in this crazy world that brings me some sort of sanity.

Yep, Travis Lumber Company, still here. Pretty big operation. We own the new hardware store just down the highway from them. We sell quite a bit to them, and I know some of the guys that work there.

We may have to wait till fall to get any good detecting time in. The heat and hard ground are enough to suck all the fun out of getting out. A couple of more months and things will start to get good again though....I can't wait. Anyhow have a good one, and keep on posting.

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:

Hey thanks warsawdaddy from MO!! Glad to see you hanging around your southern neighbors Tnet section. That video brings back memories. I had to do an "Arkansas Traveler" play back in grade school. I'm pretty sure I looked like a doofus in that play, but I think that all the pictures and evidence have been destroyed. ;D

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pudsbrat said:
72 Cheyenne how is iy going??? Havent been hunting much...found a few wheaties here and there.....been way too hot here too....ground is hard as bricks...came thru your neighborhood Sunday.....went to see my mom and sis in Prairie Grove Saturday night and came back thru Sunday....are they building a new grocery store behind the old one there in Mansfield???Man that is gonna be nice.....still trying to finish up a few things on the house...been kind of a rough week...our 9 year old chihauhau died Sunday night/Monday morning....wife's aunt had him...then Tuesday wife's mom found out from eye doctor that the pain she has been having is due to mass in front lobe of her brain...not sure what it is....could be mass of vessels or blood clot...not sure yet....she goes to Little Rock Tuesday to neurologist to see what is going on....keep us in your prayers...been kind of wild around here....see ya later...

Pud!!!! Man its good to hear from you. I guess things are finally getting back to some sort of normality after the tornado. Glad to hear that you've been able to get out and do a little hunting. It does a body good!! Yep the heat and hard ground are killers, and I think that you have been getting more rain than us, so you can imagine what its like up here!

They are building a new CV's behind the old one. Its gonna be really nice. And we got a stoplight now!! Mansfield is moving up in the world!

Sorry to hear about your loss on your dog. Its amazing how much our pets become such an important part of our families. I have a registered Basset Hound puppy that I will give you. She's a real cutie. Our two bassets had a litter of 10. We was going to keep her, but we really don't need another dog. Let me know if your interested! And my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I pray that its nothing major.

Well, see ya. Have a good one and thanks for posting here in the Arkansas section. We got to get something goin on here!!

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
hey 72 cheyenne,
glad to see someone trying to breathe life into our section of tnet.
been hitting the 100's here so i haven't been out any.
it's supposed to hit the 80's soon and I'll try my luck again.
glad to see they put a "finds" section in our site.
I'll start posting there soon I hope.
sorry to hear about your dog pudsbrat. we had a boxer pup that I had to put down.
was attached to him after a short 4 wks with him.
don't know what's worse them dying or having to put them to sleep.
my condolences to you and your family
our prayers go out to you that your mother in laws test come back ok.

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
briankb70 said:
hey 72 cheyenne,
glad to see someone trying to breathe life into our section of tnet.
been hitting the 100's here so i haven't been out any.
it's supposed to hit the 80's soon and I'll try my luck again.
glad to see they put a "finds" section in our site.
I'll start posting there soon I hope.
sorry to hear about your dog pudsbrat. we had a boxer pup that I had to put down.
was attached to him after a short 4 wks with him.
don't know what's worse them dying or having to put them to sleep.
my condolences to you and your family
our prayers go out to you that your mother in laws test come back ok.

Hey briankb70, good to see you posting here. I feel you pain with the temperatures.....it just plain ole sucks. :P It is supposed to be nice this weekend, so maybe we can both get out and do a little digging picking at the ground. :tongue3:

dooley01

Aug 12, 2008
Johnson co. Arkansas
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id whites mxt
Hi all Arkie md'ers I'm from Flat Rock about half way between Clarksvlle and Russellville. Been mding about two years. Found some good silver and copper around here. My best is a 1875 seated liberty dime and a 1926 s merk. and 1898 ih penny. Would like to get up with other md'ers and maybe get a club going. Good hunting .

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Howdy all Arkansawers, River Rat here, your neighbor to the South in Lousyana. ;D I want you to check out, if you haven't already done so, the plat maps and all the other maps that 72Cheyenne worked so hard to provide for y'all. He did a commendable job ~ kudos to you, 72 :icon_thumright: :Good Luck & Happy Hunting, y'all!!

:wink: RR

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dooley01 said:
Hi all Arkie md'ers I'm from Flat Rock about half way between Clarksvlle and Russellville. Been mding about two years. Found some good silver and copper around here. My best is a 1875 seated liberty dime and a 1926 s merk. and 1898 ih penny. Would like to get up with other md'ers and maybe get a club going. Good hunting .

Hey thanks for posting dooley01. Sounds like you have a good area to hunt! I too am hoping that through a bunch of us Arkies getting to know one another through this forum that we can plan a hunt or get together. Keep up the good work on making them finds, and if you are able, start posting a few pics of some in the finds section of the Arkansas forum. WTG. :hello2:

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
:wave: Howdy all Arkansawers, River Rat here, your neighbor to the South in Lousyana. ;D I want you to check out, if you haven't already done so, the plat maps and all the other maps that 72Cheyenne worked so hard to provide for y'all. He did a commendable job ~ kudos to you, 72 :icon_thumright: :Good Luck & Happy Hunting, y'all!!

:wink: RR

Hey southern neighbor! :wave: Thanks for the kudos and the post. :thumbsup: I glad that you enjoyed the maps and photos that I have been scrounging up. I will be posting more as I get them scanned into the computer. I figure that the stuff I have would be a waste if I kept it for only myself to see, so why not share it. I encourage anyone else to add to the already wonderful and great resource we have here on Tnet. 8)

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I post sometimes but mainly "lurk". 95% of the time I relic hunt but when it gets hot I hit the swimmin holes on the river, when its down like now and you would be surprised at the CW stuff I find in 'em not counting coins, jewelry etc. I will post a few pictures in a little while. Y'all are makeing some great finds...d2

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
briankb70 said:
I need to pat your back also Cheyenne.LOL
great job you did with the maps.

Thanks Brian, I appreciate that. I love researching the history of this area. There are so many unknowns around here because I've concluded that there just wasn't very good records kept in the early settlement of our area. Its always amazing to me to take pieces and parts of different stories or tales and then tie them together with old maps.....that makes for some good places to hunt.

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
d2 said:
I post sometimes but mainly "lurk". 95% of the time I relic hunt but when it gets hot I hit the swimmin holes on the river, when its down like now and you would be surprised at the CW stuff I find in 'em not counting coins, jewelry etc. I will post a few pictures in a little while. Y'all are makeing some great finds...d2

Thanks for the post here d2. It sounds like you've figured out a way to beat the summertime blues. :hello2: I would have never gave it much though to hit the old swimming holes on the local creeks to find relics in the era that you are finding. I really enjoyed your pics in the "finds" section.

Jan 26, 2007
waldron, arkansas
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter

Hello 72Cheyenne,
Like Sawdr73 I'm guilty of being one of those lurker's most of the time. Haven't had any finds to post about this summer, but always enjoy reading and seeing what fellow Arkansans are up to.
Butch

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ouachita gold hunter said:

Hello 72Cheyenne,
Like Sawdr73 I'm guilty of being one of those lurker's most of the time. Haven't had any finds to post about this summer, but always enjoy reading and seeing what fellow Arkansans are up to.
Butch

Hey ouachita gold hunter, thanks for the post. I see you are my neighbor of about 20 miles. Lots of good history in our area, and Waldron had quite a bit of Civil War activity. If you are able I would be researching some of the older properties in and around town. :thumbsup:

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Still trying to find a good spot here.. Travel far and wide but the finds are just slim.. Cant wait to get back out in the woods again to do a little CW relic hunting myself..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions