Camo Jacket Complete, Now I Should Get At Least 40% Longer Battery Life.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
camojerk_zpsf64f6540.jpg~original

Finished most of the camo jacket last night, but the pepper jerky did complete it's drying and was it ever delicious! :laughing7: Tonite I finally got it complete. Hopefully, it will help keep it in good shape.

ccamoandje_zpsacaa2300.jpg~original

I plan on slipping in a couple of hot pacs, one on each side of the detector beside the location where the batteries are located. This should help keep the batteries toasty, and get about 40% longer life in cold conditions. Cold batteries just don't put out the power and will sometimes force you to put in a set of new warm ones to keep hunting. I have used hot pacs on most of my detectors with great results!

A OLD.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cool invention.

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing7:Hell man , I'm from Mississippi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we don't worry about batteries getting cold, since we don't come out of the house until temps are over 40 degrees F ............ excellent idea , if I ever get that brave !!!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
John, that is some great looking jerky!!!

Excellent job on the overcoat too! You are a craftsman!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it John.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That look awesome you did a nice job and should help with the batteries , maybe you can help me figure out how to mount a flame thrower to my detector ?:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread