Can a Newbee Get a Map Dowsed?

TechRep

Oct 17, 2010
Hello All,
Been following this forum for some time. Finally decided to officially join in on the fun. Could a newbee get a map dowsed by the experts. The attached image is of an area that is thought to have one or more sites of Spanish caches. Thank you for your time. TechRep

Attachments

• 10172010-4.jpg
    10172010-4.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 301
Hi TechRep,
Blue circles: Small caches of gold and silver coins, wood box container about 1-1/2' deep. 10 lbs of coins.
Green circles: Small caches of gold coin/finger bar/jewelry caches. I'm picking up that most are loose from the main part of the cache. You may find some items just below the surface.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• tnettechrepdowsed.jpg
    tnettechrepdowsed.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 286
Thank you Jon! I was hoping you would come through. I can search several of your marked areas at the bottom of the photo in the very near future. Will be able to pass along results around late November. Thank you again for taking your time to check the image out. I have an old Carl Anderson L-rod and a fairly new metal detector.
Respectfully,
TechRep

Hello,
That sounds good, the dowsing rod and metal detector! More than one dowse may be needed. Let us know what happens out there and if you get an attraction that you want the dowsers to check out on the photo.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

The caches I've marked are all 8-12 ft deep.
1. Large circled Xs are silver. Seems to be some other stuff buried with them, like maybe church items or jewelry.
2. Small circles gold caches.
The 3 triangle gold caches plus an additional one made off the end.

Attachments

• 10172010-4-map.jpg
    10172010-4-map.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 256
I found one more thing marked by an X, real close but above a signal that Teleprospector marked...a prospector's cache. It contains gold nuggets, 4 platinum nuggets, 1 iron/nickel meteorite smaller than the size of a US quarter and much larger than a dime, 16 silver dollars, a silver buckle, buried in a metal box 3 ft deep.

I didn't find any other platinum nuggets or meteorites in the photo.

Attachments

• 10172010-4-map2.jpg
    10172010-4-map2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 222
I wish to thank both of you for your time in dowsing the map. The locations that Jon had marked at the bottom of the map offer the best sites to begin a more detailed search as they are on land and access to the property is easy to obtain and the depth indicated is at a range that my metal detector may pick up the signal should I get a closer directional pull with my Carl Anderson rod. Several is the sites that Red_Desert marked are either too deep to dig because of ground water or are marked in water locations but I still appreciate the time taken to review the map. I only wish that you both could have targeted a site within closer range to each other than you did. I still expect to be able to search the area at the bottom of the map within the next couple of weeks and I will post the results.

Would anyone else care to take a shot at this and if so, could you concentrate on the finger land mass at the bottom of the picture. Thanks again to all.
Respectfully,
TechRep

I've never noticed that before! It does look as if all the circled large Xs are on a river bank, either in or next to the water. The Spaniards sometimes stuffed cannons with treasure and rolled them into a river, when fleeing. It happened in S Texas once, in the war with Mexico. A cannon will sink some, into the river bottom...but part of the dowsed depth reading should then be water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back