pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OK, I'm curious..

There's enough in this world I don't understand..so let's add a little to it! Maybe, if we're lucky anyway!! The below pic is of an area that has a good bit of history. Naturally only one part of that history currently has my interest! What do y'all think about this area?

anothermaybe.jpg

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Re: OK, I'm curious..

Diamonds in a glass jar

Attachments

• anothermaybe.jpg
    anothermaybe.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 373
OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Thanks for the replies! I'll work on this information...

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi there pyledriver,
Dowsing revealed a silver and gold coin cache in 5 glass jars 1-1/2' deep about 35 lbs of coins.
I would like to go over the photo again this weekend but for now you have something to get you started.

Redowse 10/17/10
An additional gold coin/jewellry hit ( not a cache) in or near the white circle near the riverbank.
Art's diamond hit also contains gold jewellry but I picked up that it's in a metal box in the area of the orange circle.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• tnetpyledriverdowsed1.jpg
    tnetpyledriverdowsed1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 321
OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Thanks guys! I'm working out my schedule to go check this stuff out..

So far I'll say that what y'all have come up with is more than I expected!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aarthrj3811 said:
Diamonds in a glass jar

Art, there are both raw & cut diamonds in a jar... clear, pink diamonds and some of a fairly large size.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

~Red_desert~
Art, there are both raw & cut diamonds in a jar... clear, pink diamonds and some of a fairly large size.
I seldom Dowse as to size and shape…Where Diamonds are concerned I do not have enough knowledge about them to form the proper questions…Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wanted to stop at Crater of Diamonds state park, on the way to Arizona, my last trip. The park was down for improvements...but the diamond mine was still open. I've been working on it for a long time, would still like to take a trip there to diamond dowse, maybe this spring. I've found that in dowsing, you can tell the difference between unaltered, that is rough diamonds and the cut ones. Then, color too...if you're up to it on signal strength. Size, well...a tiny diamond can be distinguished from a larger size. I didn't say how large, just faily large, not to specific way of saying larger.

Anyway, I would sure enjoy taking a diamond dowsing trip sometime, back in the 1990s stopped at Crater of diamonds 2 days, to check it out. Lots of pretty rocks there. :icon_sunny:

Oh, here is something that helps, if you're not sure of the signal Discrimination charts. You focus your mind on the map (or parts of it) while holding a pendulum over the chart. I use my rods for map dowsing, but these charts work too!

I print out the charts 3 1/2" x 4 1/8" at a resolution of 300, stick them to solid, firm cardboard...then spray with a fixative.

Attachments

• chart_diamond.jpg
    chart_diamond.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 290
  • chart_diamondcolors.jpg
    chart_diamondcolors.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 290

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WoW! I don't know, diamonds in a jar? Wow, how do u do that. Okay, I know, but can't bring myself to put in the time to do it. Any How. I have tried dowsing at the Crater Of diamonds in Ar. SO MAY SIGNALS I COULDN"T pick just one!!!!! Couldn't determine depth due to so many signals. I tried several spots where I got a signal, but didn't find one, so many signals, it was frustrating. I did find one small diamond, jsut from digging, but in an area where I had a strong singal(s).

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CaptJohn said:
WoW! I don't know, diamonds in a jar? Wow, how do u do that. Okay, I know, but can't bring myself to put in the time to do it. Any How. I have tried dowsing at the Crater Of diamonds in Ar. SO MAY SIGNALS I COULDN"T pick just one!!!!! Couldn't determine depth due to so many signals. I tried several spots where I got a signal, but didn't find one, so many signals, it was frustrating. I did find one small diamond, jsut from digging, but in an area where I had a strong singal(s).

Well, that clay sticks to everything...you would have to keep checking with the rods until the target is out and use the rods to locate it. Then keep what you dowse until later, when time to wash, clean up the stones. If dry conditions, just rub off the dirt and inspect.

For checking depth, the rods uncross as you guess deeper than the signal.

Rustus

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2010
Indiana

I know the thread is a bit oldish but I thought I'd give this one a scan. For practice, if nothing else.

When I saw the post, I did not scroll down to see other results. I simply questioned for artifacts, historical gold and silver coins and a "cache of coins or historic valuables." ("Historic" equaling 75 - 100 years old or more. ) For me, the rods indicated no gold coins on the map.

Artifacts are in red, Silver coins are in white and the caches are blue squares. I did not go for depth and probably should have. (I can give that a try if you'd like.)

Note - The one blue square with white outline is almost a direct match to Teleprospector's hit so I'd definitely start there! Very strong signal for that one as well.

Would love to hear field results!

Attachments

• anothermaybe01.jpg
    anothermaybe01.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 247

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

~Rustus~
Would love to hear field results!
Hey Rustus…..That is a very important thing that should happen every time a map is Dowsed…Does not happen very often….I for one I would like to know if I am right or wrong, close or far away etc.….Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I decided to do a dowsing with my rods of the map also. The signals are marked by Xs. One had a good gold signal, put a circle around the x.

Attachments

• anothermaybe-map.jpg
    anothermaybe-map.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 185

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread