Can Anyone Give A Reasonable Answer To This Box.

William Monday

Jul 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
003.JPG Got this off another forum in which I have no idea. What is the black box for. Some Applied Creativity coils have them and some do not... 001.JPG

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess would be it had a switch in it to turn off the coil. Easy way to find out is get an ohm meter and see if one of those connectors has continuity with no resistance to one of the pins in the box end connector.

Happy_Hour

Feb 26, 2011
My Camper Van.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher 1266, Teknetics Turbo.
The 25 inch coil was meant to be used in all metal only. There are three versions : one for the early 6.59 khz models, one for the XLT, Quantum series 6.59 machines and a third model that was switchable between the two, the black box...

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1175830 Got this off another forum in which I have no idea. What is the black box for. Some Applied Creativity coils have them and some do not... View attachment 1175829 [/QUOT

Happy Hour was the closest. That coil was designed to be used on a couple of earlier whites detectors. There was a small jumper that pushed into the little socket in the box. The jumper went one way for a particular model detector and you pulled out the jumper, turned it 90 degrees and plugged it back in to make the coil work on a different model detector. It's been quite awhile since I had one of those but I think it went one way for the 5900 and 6000 series detectors and turned the other way to work on the original White's Eagles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread