Can anyone recommend a good pinpointer for under $100 street price?

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot

Attachments

• probe%20bullseye.jpg
    probe%20bullseye.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 342

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what you are looking for but I bought mine at either Harbor Freight or Northern Tool and Equipment...cost was around $15 and it has more than paid for itself. Of course, its probably Chinese but its cheap and it works and when it breaks I wont lose any sleep...has a small light diode that activates when you hit the button to search as well as a sensitivity adjustment. I have banged it around quite a bit and it still works. Good luck :headbang:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that is the one he is talking about......Matt

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
I've got a Cen Tech also, nothing fancy but it does all I need it to. After the first I was curious, so I bought 4 more of them and did a comparison. I found that they varied in sens, from 3/4" to just over 1 1/2", I kept the two best and returned the others. I saw somewhere that there was an internal trimmer pot for the gain, I never opened any of mine. Been using the first I purchased for almost 2 years now, only problem was the tip came loose, glued it back with a poly adhesive which also water proofed the shaft.

OP
OP
wheres_wheatie

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
I can get the Cen Tech for $26 shipped or I can get a bounty hunter for $42 shipped. Anyone have any experience with the BH pinpointer?

202486848.jpg

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
If you're interested in the BH, look in the brands forum under Bounty Hunter. There have been several threads discussing this pinpointer. Just my thoughts, but if you're using the Whites now, you'll probably be happier with it than the ones being discussed now. The BH and CenTech pinpointers work, but they both fail in the quality department. I'd save a little more and get a better unit myself.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a Sunray inline probe which is more then $100 but I feel it is well worth the money. I've had mine for a few years and it is absolutely the best pinpointer I've ever used. I did like the White's Bullseye but the button kept going. Not sure if they ever fixed that problem.
NJ

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Harbor Freight is a good inexpensive pinpointer. If you wanted to upgrade I would recommend the Garrett Propointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread