• case 005.JPG
    case 005.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 221

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
was searching the porchfloor of an old house,and got a good scattered signal so I went out side to find a way under the foundation.
My detecting buddy was more impatient so abt the time I got outside He grabbed a big rock and smashed thru the floor(it was pretty rotten)
me outside just starting to crawl under the foundation(I hate a spiders) a rock crashes thru the floor letting in a big ray of sunlight glinting on a piles of silver coins,big ones..
So I reached thru the spider webs to grab a big handfull..Of Sonic drive in trade tokens.
Happy Hunting,Mont

Attachments

• Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 210
OP
OP
colorado14ers

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
montepollock said:
was searching the porchfloor of an old house,and got a good scattered signal so I went out side to find a way under the foundation.
My detecting buddy was more impatient so abt the time I got outside He grabbed a big rock and smashed thru the floor(it was pretty rotten)
me outside just starting to crawl under the foundation(I hate a spiders) a rock crashes thru the floor letting in a big ray of sunlight glinting on a piles of silver coins,big ones..
So I reached thru the spider webs to grab a big handfull..Of Sonic drive in trade tokens.
Happy Hunting,Mont

sorry to hear that but it looks like you found some other kewl stuff!

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago in New Jersey I was hunting an old park that had given up a lot of silver coins, many from the mid to late 1800's. I got a faint signal, dug down about six inches, and saw what had
to be a gold coin on edge. Reeded, yellow in color. I started sweating, got nervous, took my time so I wouldn't scratch it. When I finally got it out it was a good luck coin that said
heads on one side (boobs) and tails (arse) on the other. Not gold! Talk about pi$$ed off.

DS
www.stoutstandards.com

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was detecting the front yard of an old house place. Owner (friend)tells me there was supposed to be some silver dollars buried on the place.......got a good a signal and started digging.....and there it was!.....silver dollars galore!....but wait? It was eight pitching washers that was left in a hole that got covered up.........talk about the bubble bursting....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the Keys detecting some shallow sand bars, got a fantastic cluster of signals, as I raised the scoop from the sand I could see three quater-sized silver coins in the bottom of the scoop, could make out an image with a Spanish helmet on one of the coins, heart started really racing and my mind was already thinking how I should best handle the extraordinary find. Found a total of seven coins in that little cluster. Upon closer inspection they turned out to be recently mented Cuban coins. For a few brief seconds I was suddenly Mel-Fisher, then just as suddenly I was sent back to reality. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread