Can anyone tell me anything about this Lizard Vessel?

icedgold10

Apr 14, 2013
Saco, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me anything about this Lizard Vessel Terracotta? He is 10" tall and you can see it is hand smoothed inside. Wondering about origin and age. Any info would be helpful. Thank you. Got him at a flea market lizzard 003.JPG lizzard 004.JPG lizzard 002.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to see the bottom

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you posted this same thread twice didnt you? In your other thread you said your daughter made this.

OP
OP
I

icedgold10

Apr 14, 2013
Saco, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I said my daughter was in middle school and a good artist because a guy said my piece looked like a middle school art project. I though his comment was mean so I was being sarcastic to him. I posted again because I figured I got lost during the day of inactivity.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I said my daughter was in middle school and a good artist because a guy said my piece looked like a middle school art project. I though his comment was mean so I was being sarcastic to him. I posted again because I figured I got lost during the day of inactivity.

My mistake then. When somebody responds to your post it will continue back up to the top of the page. There is no need to repost it. Maybe try putting it in the other forum sections if nobody here knows. Sorry for the confusion on my part, rock

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat piece! It looks like it was a made using a pinch pot method, and likely an artisan piece. The glaze is interesting as is the little lizard/gila monster handle. I'm sure someone with some knowledge and/or helpful information will be along soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread