Can anyone tell me if this is a piece of Flint?

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, digging out a remnant of someone being there- and really all I've found so far is this- and a piece of ash/coal/burnt something extremely light.
Can anyone tell me if this is a piece of flint? Thanks.
IMG_9832.jpeg
IMG_9849.jpeg

Upvote 1

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blackfoot may be correct with the bottom pic just being a turd. look at flint:
OMGGGGG don't even say that- I'll friggin PUKEEEEE it doesnt smell LMFAO why would it be in a fire pit? Who would crap on a fire? OMG I'm going to ralph.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMGGGGG don't even say that- I'll friggin PUKEEEEE it doesnt smell LMFAO why would it be in a fire pit? Who would crap on a fire? OMG I'm going to ralph.
Just a thought, dried dung has been used for fuel for fires for thousands of years.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be only a piece of charcoal that has gotton wet then just dried out?
iu

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be only a piece of charcoal that has gotton wet then just dried out?
iu
yes - lets go with that because I had it sitting on my kitchen table with the other finds from the day LMAO and everything else, was mushed or easily plyable as its by the waters edge (maybe 1' above it, but 2' from the regular height of the walking ground off of a large hill so easily erosion but over a LONG period of time to get buried 2'). I havent tried breaking any pieces off or cutting it in half- and now that I've the mindset it may be someones TURD idk I can do that LMAO

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya darned tootin it’s dookie.
DUDE noooooo say it aint soooo! If it IS poop, its someone whos fire pit was 2' below the walking surface where I've found 2 arrowheads, regular and clay marbles ,and ONE quartz carved perfect circle marble. Hmmm. I'll put it in a small box somewhere, once I can get a better idea of who owned that fire pit- I am listing it on ebay HAHAHAHHHA

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought, dried dung has been used for fuel for fires for thousands of years.
NO way?? Well I must say, for all the digging I did at this fire pit (which wasn't a SMALL Firepit- it was about 6? feet long of an ash line on the bank. Again, 1' above current water level w burned rock etc, some mallaeble clay both in reddish brown and dark gray, one instantaneous smear of PINK that I am wondering if that was from other clay, face paint, IDK (not blood lol) but it really was a nice pinkish color, and IDK how far it went in as I got tired of digging into the bank, and once I Found this thing- (the turd in question) I had assumed it was coal or similar but surprised it lasted w the water so close. It DOES look like a healthy turd sadly- I was in a fire pit so I was like OHH look a piece of charcoal or old burned wood LOLOL I'm shaking my head and my being so naieve, and bleaching my table endlessly knowing I had a pioneer or indian turd just sitting on the glass. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just get out the hamburger and light it up, if it is charcoal then it will give off that familiar BBQ smell and u cud just go ahead and cook lunch.:blob8:

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just get out the hamburger and light it up, if it is charcoal then it will give off that familiar BBQ smell and u cud just go ahead and cook lunch.:blob8:
and if its NOT a bbq smell? LOL then I waste a burger. I am going to cut it open haha though IDK it will be that much diff on the inside than the outside.... if they had some veggies maybe I will find seeds -omg so gross- Wouldn't it be really OLD though? TO be 2 feet down in the ground in the middle of the woods and along a stream in a fire pit?

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone torched the “schmidt-house” years ago…
luckily, though I'm in Va, I am far from there... but someone blew up something in a fire a long many years ago... I burned dog poop once on a firepit because I hated my neighbors, I was rather disappointed it didn't smell horrendous

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
luckily, though I'm in Va, I am far from there... but someone blew up something in a fire a long many years ago... I burned dog poop once on a firepit because I hated my neighbors, I was rather disappointed it didn't smell horrendous
Oh, I like you already! 🤣

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you only KNEW hahahaha >:D
I finally mustered enough courage to attempt to cut this potential TURD :laughing9: and though in images it truly looks JUST like a turd, I am showing it from another angle- I believe it IS a piece of coal and I'm stickin to it- its SOO hard that if this were a turd it should be a fossil by now LOL but will venture back to dig more probably- and omg if I find a linkin log- I am DONE metal detecting and looking for old campsites and will find a new damn hobby! I TRIED to cut the shi% but it seems its too hard for me to hahahaah
IMG_9864.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread