Can I buy just the ATPro electronics

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own the 350 and am wondering whether anyone knows if I can buy just the ATPro box and electronics? I can use my DD coil and shaft from the 350 probably unless the connector is different being waterproof for the Pro. I am trying to figure out a more economical way of upgrading.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I don't think Garrett will sell you the parts you need.

OP
OP
Tucson Dan

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wondering about upgrading without having to spend the money on a whole new rig.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt they would sell you the electronics separately either, but don't you think even if they did that 90% of the cost is in what you want? That would pretty much negate what your trying to do.

OP
OP
Tucson Dan

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt they would sell you the electronics separately either, but don't you think even if they did that 90% of the cost is in what you want? That would pretty much negate what your trying to do.

You're probably right. I would probably only save a bit (if they did it) anyway. The only two other components are the coil and shaft and the shaft can't be too terribly expensive. Maybe I'll just save and then have two rigs!

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're probably right. I would probably only save a bit (if they did it) anyway. The only two other components are the coil and shaft and the shaft can't be too terribly expensive. Maybe I'll just save and then have two rigs!

Its always handy to have a second MDer -backup machine in case the primary craps out or a friend might want to go along with you sometime but doesn't have a MD. HH

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The ACE coil will not work on the AT Series, as it operates on a different frequency. 8.25 kHz (ACE) vs. 15 kHz (AT Pro)

OP
OP
Tucson Dan

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ACE coil will not work on the AT Series, as it operates on a different frequency. 8.25 kHz (ACE) vs. 15 kHz (AT Pro)

I was actually hoping it would work. I think I'll go with two machines in time.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bite the bullet and buy the Pro, use the 350 as a back up or a loaner to a friend when you go out. I have the Pro and a 250 I let my grandson and wife use when they go with me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread