can now post something

DONinPA

Nov 8, 2008
I've been mding regularly for Abbot 3 months now and was holding out on an old cellar hole till my m6 came in and i hit it today. Ive worked with the m6 in a couple of parks to get the feel and went to the woods for the first time today. This cellar has been there since before 1900 but has been abandoned for a long while. About 2 min in the corner I was digging a signal and out came a button, metal with 4 holes and about the size of a penny, the real signal was a shovel head about 12" I was hoping for a metal box when i first saw it. Next I was working the stone wall sides and top rim. hit a small buckle :) rusted a bit but still in good shape. Later. Working toward the old spring I came across 8 unfired 30-30 shells at about 4+ inches. So many I was waiting for the gun and hunter to pop out. Working back toward the cellar i hit another buckle ;D this one was in great Sharp other than the clasp is very crusted, could this one be brass or maybe should i dare, silver. Sorry I'm not able to post pics YET..but i will when I can. the buckles are the small shoe or belt kind.hope this works. Any Ideas on the buckles?? metal7.jpg metal7.jpg

Attachments

• metal8.jpg
    metal8.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm happy your able to post. Heck here in Ohio, we can't even dig a 1/2 inch in the ground.
Our hunting days are probably over unless we can find a hill facing the south.

Thanks for the post, we will be looking for the pictures of your finds.

HH, Ringfinder

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Welcome to TNEt and will be waiting for the pics :D