Can One Change The Tone On A Tesoro Silver Saber Umax?

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact Tesoro and ask.
I know the golden used to have a tone mod and the cibola and vaquero can get a high tone mod.

I love the high tone from the last generation tesoros

I'm sending by vaq in to get a higher tone but it won't be quite as high as the older Micromax's
But either way they will be able to tell you if you can or not.

FYI in my opinion only, the higher tone is more descriptive than the newer lower tone. But that's just me. It's all about your enjoyment with your detector

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stefan, as you and I were discussing, you can't trust the audio frequency in the Tesoro online manuals.

I've been youtubing Tesoro audio and the manuals are wrong.

The Outlaw says 630hz which is the same as the older Tesoros, well, it ain't.

And a high tone mod Vaquero isn't as high as the older 630hz models.

I found an app that works well,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vuche.asap

Visually displays spectrum. Harmonics are present but I assume the lowest frequency displayed is the fundamental, a square way also I assume with all the harmonics.
(I'm not an engineer but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express)

I thought about sending in my Vaquero for higher tone mod, but if it isn't like the good old days, I'm not interested.

What am I missing?

Seems someone at Tesoro decided to get away from the high tones and no motion metal. Lawsuit? Copyrights? Hold my beer, watch this?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
?..The Outlaw says 630hz which is the same as the older Tesoros, well, it ain't....And a high tone mod Vaquero isn't as high as the older 630hz models.
...I thought about sending in my Vaquero for higher tone mod, but if it isn't like the good old days, I'm not interested....Seems someone at Tesoro decided to get away from the high tones and no motion metal...

The high-tone Vaquero and Cibola IS quite high; much higher than Outlaw, and closer to the old μMAX high tones. I like my high-tone Cibola and Vaquero and they do let me hear faint signals better than low tone versions. BTW, the tone conversion costs only $15 for original owners. I had to pay the $50 charge to have my Vaquero done (second owner), but liked it so much, I went and bought a factory high-tone Cibola.

I have never heard of Tesoro changing the tone of a Silver Sabre μMAX, but you can always email Allan or Rusty and ask about it.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sending mine in too. Doing the mod and checkup on my 25th anniversary vaquero. Figure if I'm spending 50 might as well have the coil and machine checked out for same price lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions