Can someone answer a question about a silver mine?

kenmor

Jan 28, 2006
Hello everyone,Merry Christmas and happy new year, Does anyone know of a story about a old indian named black elk or something like that in Arkansas, that gave directions to a silver mine north of the white river? I read it a few years ago and would like to read it again,Thank you in advance...Ken Morrison.

OP
OP
kenmor

kenmor

Jan 28, 2006
I have seen the stories,but this was a Indian that gave specific directions to a silver mine in Missouri,I am trying to tie the story in with the yoakums,I think if I remember right the Indian was in Eureka springs Arkansas,and said go north from there,at the time it sounded like he was giving directions up in stone county Missouri,I wish I had marked or saved the article, Thanks for the replies....Ken Morrison

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here's another:
Location.: Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Date: 1830 Maps found in a old gun barrel
Ozarks, following the Smokey River
Lost Silver Mine of the Choctaw of Missouri who spent time working the mine.

Two men discover the mine by a map drawn by a old Indian and find silver lumps melted, weighing about 5 lbs. each Vein is over 6 feet high and wide. Both are killed by Indians and the map is hid in a gun barrel later to be discovered. People has hunted for the old mind all the way up to the 1940. Some say it was covered by the Table Rock Dam by the damming of the White River in 1959. Others say it was not the site at all. It has never been found.
Don.....

OP
OP
kenmor

kenmor

Jan 28, 2006
WOW Thanks guys, I have a copy of the men who found the mine,and what I am trying to do is find the Indians direction from Arkansas,as it is the location of this very mine. I read it somewhere and wish I had paid more attention.Thanks again for the replies....Ken Morrison

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread