Question

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the set that came with my detector, but I have heard people talking about Killer Bees. I think that is the name :icon_scratch:

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a bunch of good head sets out there. I use Killer B's Wasp, but Gray Ghosts are equally good, as are SunRay's. A top end set is over $100, so be prepaired. One nice thing, you get what you pay for with those three brands. By the way, I bought the Killer B's because of the leather ear cups. :icon_thumleft:

HH

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[quote author=Dirty Money link=topic=442445.msg3146824#msg3146824 By the way, I bought the Killer B's because of the leather ear cups. :icon_thumleft:

HH

That is the only thing I don't like about my grey ghost originals but I haven't had any problems with the vinyl yet. Other than that mine have been beyond excellent and only around $80 I think

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See Mike from woodland detectors...He will lead you in the right direction!

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing guys and gals. I have been doing a bit of reading and am probably going to go with Black Widows or Killer Bs. Any body have experience with Sun Ray Pro? Happy New Year :)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using Grey Ghosts for awhile now. Better than all the others I've had over the years. Durable too! Can't count the times I've snagged the cable & dropped them. They still work & sound great. Might not be real important to some, but you can fold em down & stick em in your pocket when trompin through the boonies.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
boogeyman said:
Been using Grey Ghosts for awhile now. Better than all the others I've had over the years. Durable too! Can't count the times I've snagged the cable & dropped them. They still work & sound great. Might not be real important to some, but you can fold em down & stick em in your pocket when trompin through the boonies.
Thank you boogey! I think I'm seeing a pattern here......dont need to drop 150 bucks on black widows or sun ray pro..........I'm going with the 80 to 100 range, Grey Ghost has gotten a lot of votes and I posted this question 2 different ways in 2 post :) Much obliged, Happy New Year to yall!

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
pumice said:
I use the Gray Ghosts......I like em :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
I ordered the Grey Ghost last night online :) Now I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival. Thank you all again for the input.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shanegalang said:
pumice said:
I use the Gray Ghosts......I like em :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
I ordered the Grey Ghost last night online :) Now I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival. Thank you all again for the input.
I'm sure you'll be happy with em! They seem a bit expensive until you figure out that by the time you trash 3 or 4 pairs of other phones they're really a good buy.
Let us know how you like em when you get em!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the Grey Ghost NDT's. I love 'em.........NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread