Can someone help me date and value some old Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola bottles?

WillieWart

Apr 13, 2019
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back, I found some old Coca-Cola bottles and an old Pepsi Bottle.
Two of the Coca-Cola bottles are clear with a hobble-skirt design. On one side they say "Coke" in large letters, "Trademark ® 10 FL OZ" underneath. On the other side, it says "Coca-Cola" with "Trademark ® 10 FL OZ" again underneath. On the neck of the bottle on either side it says "NO REFILL". On the base of the bottle, it says "NO REFILL", "LG-959" They then differ. One has "C16" and "81" on the bottom. The other has "C11" and also "81" on the base.
One Coca-Cola bottle I found was a green hobble-skirt. It was roughly the same size as the other 2, but slightly thinner. It was heavier, most likely made with more glass, and was 6 oz instead. On one side it said, "Coca-Cola" with "TRADEMARK REGISTERED" and "MIN.CONTENTS 6 FL. OZS" underneath. The other side read, "Coca-Cola" with "TRADEMARK REGISTERED" again and "BOTTLE PAT. D-105529" underneath. On the base, it read "SALT LAKE CITY UTAH". Now through some research, I have already dated it to what I think is around the Great Depression/WWII era (Late 1930-Early 1950s). Correct me if I'm wrong.
The Pepsi bottle I have is clear with a spiral pattern going along the body. near the neck, on one side, it says "Pepsi" with "10 FL. OZ" directly underneath. On the other side, it has "Pepsi-Cola" with "10 FL. OZ" direclty underneath. On one side near the base, it says "NO REFILL". The other side near the base reads "DISPOSE OF PROPERLY" On the base, it reads "LG 238 82" and "21D"
The reason I am bringing this up now is that I found another today. It is exactly like the first two mentioned above, but on the base, it reads, "C25" and "81". Now if anyone could help me date some of these, that would be great. If possible and anyone is willing, could someone maybe try and give me a price estimate that I could get from any of these? Thanks in advance.

If needed, I can provide pictures.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
  • 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 95

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First off... welcome to Tnet from Toronto Willie! :hello:
I started digging bottles out of farm dumps in the 1978, so I'm pretty familiar with non-refill soda bottles.
If you could post us some better pics of your Coca-Cola bottles, sides and bases, this would be helpful. :thumbsup:

Non-refillable soda bottles first started to appear in the mid-60s.
Dave

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, Dave. Here are some photos I took of one of the No Refill ones:

View attachment 1702997 View attachment 1702998

Thanks for the additional pics Willie.
The bottle you're holding in this picture dates from the early 1980s.

Anything Coca-Cola related is always collectible, give these non-refillable bottles another 20 years and they'll only increase in value. :thumbsup:
Dave

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions