Can someone help me out?

Cache Hunter in NY

Mar 15, 2005
Fort Drum NY
Upvote 0
Hi Angela,sounds to me that you are having problems pinpointing.Read your instruction booklet
carefully and then go outside and bury a few metal items within 3 to 8 inches deep and try to locate them. It would help to let us know what type of detector you are using.Good luck.ARCOM
(U.S ARMY retired) ;D

Hi, Angela

I've done the same thing with my Titan, too. Enough to drive you nuts. I made a copy of the chart in the manuel and carry it with. This will also say if it is a good hit. Plus, I don't dig any deeper than 6 inches. I also try to swing over the spot again and again in the same manner, to make sure it reads the same. I am new, too, and keep trying different things also. Listen to the pros. I found that if the object is too big to pinpoint it is most likely a pop can. I still dig because you never know what you'll find!

Melnatcat (formerly Seablue)

I made a test garden and put colored logos directly over the targets and then pinpointed them with my eyes closed. Once you think you got it pinpointed drop the coil to the ground and see how close you really came. This works on technique and you can bury different targets and try to figure them out before opening your eyes. If you have someone to randomly put them in the ground and than mark them it really helps. I had my son trying to beat me at it. HH.

CHRIS

Depending on what MD you have.
The false signals....... :(
You might have your ground balance set wrong, or if it's a auto ground you might have the sensitivity set to high, OR was there a lot of rust in the ground from old wire, that can mess with the best MDs.

Good luck

Red

Hey I was talking to you on the chat the other day, I pm'd you to see how you did then I found this, nm
Try this..md in left hand shovel or knife or trowel in right hand, dont let them get near each other..duh! but it happens.
When you get a hit find a clear spot 2 ft to the right with no signal, then ck hole w/ md..no sound then its in the dirt you pulled out
Keep splitting dirt in half till you find it. This has helped me more than anything.
Dont give up you'll have great days and very bad day's I also never use decriminate If you dont dig everything you never know what you might be missing, I shouldnt say never use it , depends on soil and trash and lots of other things, but at least keep it as low as you feel comfortable. Good luck HH

Here's a quick tip for you. It works better with an open coil. Make sure that a small area is free of signals first-lay a coin on a piece of white paper then move the coil over the coin while pinpointing and see where the loudest tone is. You should then be able to determine where the center of pinpointing is on your coil, also raise the coil a few inches. Then you'll have a real good idea where to dig. If you have a closed coil, the only difference is to make a big + sign on the paper with the coin at the center of the +. With the lines extended out past the coil, you'll know just where the coin is. Then a bit of paint or nail polish marks the center on top of the coil. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back