Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago, a friend gave me a couple pictures of a knife he found as a kid. I set them aside and forgot about them. Today I was going through a box of documents and found them. So I stopped what I was doing and reproduced them for posting.

The story goes like this....
As a young lad, he and a friend were digging a depression in the ground to make a fort near a creek. When they got down to the clay, they unearthed this knife. He has kept it and often tried to get an identification on it but had no success. The knife was found near Monroe, MI which has a rich history including the Battle of the Raisin River "war of 1812". If I remember correctly its about 12" long. If necessary I could look him up and get some more accurate measurements and better pictures.

Thanks for any help.
Ran

Attachments

• IMG_0341 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0341 (Medium).JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0342 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0342 (Medium).JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0343 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0343 (Medium).JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
I

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will see if I can get him to take some digital photo's on a white background.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a modern knife, probably made in the early 1960's in either Mexico or Japan. The hilt style is either Inca or Mayan..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I thought it was modern but I wasn't going to speculate (the blade is in pretty good shape considering...). My father had one similar with engraving on the blade and a brass boot on the hilt. My brother and I used to throw it at a tree to see if it would stick until we broke the grip material...oops.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread