Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of building a quiet prop driven one with a very sharp pointed splicing nose that would cut anything in half with added jet engines attached to it so you can throw mach 2 at the imposing drone! Sight in the imposing drone in, hit the jet engines, go after the imposing drone and take it out! That would be really fun!

Now that would be cool! Of course you would have to have someone cause a distraction in the yard while you go inside the house and get your jet powered eliminator and go out the other side of the house to launch it so you wouldn't be seen!

Another cool thing to do would be to locate the oeprator of the drone and send your drone after them, buzzing them, chasing them, etc, and post it on YouTube! Now that would be funny!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, let's say you find a drone with camera hovering low by your house. It's kinda your airspace right? Can't I simply blast it down at will? martin

Sure. In the same way you can dust the mail jeep or take out a car turning aroud in your driveway without permission or, blast away at a hot-air ballooon passing over.

I fly RC (have two small "drones", one with a video camera) and I will say that anything unannounced on my property, over my house or spooking my sheep or chickens is fair game. I belong to the AMA and as members we agree not to overfly inhabited structures or people for safety reasons.

But I REALLY like the idea above of the anti-drone aircraft. A little but fast model trailing a couple 10' lengths of ribbon taped on so they tug off when caught would clog the drone's upward props. That might be pretty fun!

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I would hope that they are streaming live video because before I do anything else, I am shooting them the moon! Bent over full on moon with my' pants and underwear down around my' ankles. The shear sight of that will take down a Cruise Missle, so a drone with a video camera is no problem!:laughing7:

Frank

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just some information to those who think its legal to shoot down a drone: you don't own the airspace over your property. If a person is complying with the law while flying their drone, and you shoot it down because you feel you are entitled to be able to do so, you will be held accountable by the law. Not taking any sides here, just want people to understand because they have a feeling about something does not entitle them to destroy someone's property.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All it takes is one neighbor who saw you shooting up, after seeing the news story, reporting the same to the police. A search warrant and ballistics test sent more than a few people to prison.

Just saying- when shooting up, it's got to come down.

MIDLOTHIAN, Va. — When a stray bullet pierced the top of Brendon Mackey's head, the 7-year-old was on his way to a July Fourth fireworks celebration with his dad and other family members. He died the next day in a Richmond hospital, a bullet lodged at the base of his skull, sparking a methodical, door-to-door search for a most elusive killer: celebratory gunfire.

More stories, click this to see what happens to the fired rounds

December 31,
2004: A 75 yr. old man in Orlando, FL. was mortally wounded in the heart from a falling bullet. Police later traced the bullet to a gun confiscated from a man firing into the air more than a mile away.

They say that shot wasn't really fired in the "air" as most people would use the term. Forensics show that it was on a downward, but somewhat horizontal trajectory. It didn't stop our idiots from putting up more laws!

And if this is to prove a point on how to get caught it is a miss, despite semi Gestapo tactics by law enforcement doing searches and confiscating weapons, no arrests have been made.

Am I, or anyone within range of that incident scared? Nope, on the fourth this year my wife and I paddleboarded on that very lake.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yse3ygem.jpg

TRC-3 Universal Remote Control Jammer

Double click on above image to view full picture

Zoom Out
Zoom In
More Views
TRC-3 Unique Remote Control Jammer
TRC-3 Three In One Remote Control Blocker
TRC-3 Universal Remote Control Blocker
TRC-3 Unique Remote Control Blocker
TRC-3 Three In One Remote Control Jammer
$410.00
Availability: In stock

5 Review(s) | Add Your Review
Shipping time: 3-4 Days

Qty:
In Stock and Ready for Shipment!

Sold by Jammer Store, Inc.

Ask a Question
Details

TRC-3 is a universal remote control jammer that can stop the work of all commonly used remote controls. Among them you will find ordinary TV and air conditioner remotes, car lock remote controls, remotes of the toy cars and planes of your kids, garage door remote controls, and so on. So if you want to make some jokes on your neighbors, improve the discipline of your kids (for example, block TV remote if they watch too much TV) or something like that – TRC-3 will help you to achieve your goal without additional efforts. Yet it has more practical implementation aside from making jokes or raising your kids.

Different surveillance drones, flying UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) and remotely controlled robots are getting popular these days. They come in many different shapes and with lots of functions. Those surveillance drones are also may be either professionally made or home-made, though both can do their snooping job quite well. Of course, professionally developed and constructed models are much better and have more features useful to their owner but their cost is much higher. As long as many of those surveillance drones are controlled via remote controls, this device can protect your privacy from being compromised by those robots.

Features:

Works with three popular remote control frequencies
Large operating radius as for handheld device
Three specific antennas
Embedded battery
Two power adapters for longer usage

Specifications:

Frequencies Blocked: 315 / 433 / 868MHz
Signal Power: 1W
Blocking Area: 20 meters radius
Power Supplies: AC or car power adapter or battery
Battery Details: Li-ion 8.4V 5200mAh, works for 2-3 hours, recharges for 3 hours
Power Adapters Data: AC 110-240V DC 12V, car 12V DC 12V
Temperatures Allowed: -30C to 60C

Devices which TRC-3 can jam completely:

Kymera Magic Wand
Lehman Aviation LFPV UAV
ReconRobotics Recon Scout XT

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We also paddled around yesterday, the 5th, and I think she is going to make me do it again today! Soo it isn't to big of a deal despite what some try to tell us.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave,

It's another perspective. Not a sure thing that you will get whacked with a bullet when on a lake. Your summary did not change the facts for all the people that did get hit.

Did you click the link and read anything about all the folks that did get hit with stray bullets?

TH- Here's an article you might enjoy about jammers. Click this His proposed fine was only $48,000 for using the jammer.

For people thinking about using jammers- be careful. it's a crime to block some signals.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave,

It's another perspective. Not a sure thing that you will get whacked with a bullet when on a lake. Your summary did not change the facts for all the people that did get hit.

Did you click the link and read anything about all the folks that did get hit with stray bullets?

TH- Here's an article you might enjoy about jammers. Click this

For people thinking about using jammers- be careful. it's a crime to block some signals.

I counted 16 people over 20 or 30 years on that propaganda site? Some people make a huge scare piece out of anything don't they? The chances are miniscule that a shot truly shot straight up would do anything to anyone. Now I have worked in the oilfield and have seen people hit with a large bolt or nut that came from 90 ft in the air, a dent in a hard hat is kinda scary. But that is a lot bigger than a .45 or .40 cal bullet. A 9mm, .38, .380 or a .22 would have a hard time killing someone if it were simply falling.

If you shot a drone with buckshot you could get a bit more range! And I have been on the opposite side of fields where people were shooting dove, (birdshot), the shot falling all around you is like little rain drops. The big deal is the fear in people's ill informed minds, and the propaganda used to misinform further.

As a warning though, MAKE SURE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS, TRY TO THINK ABOUT WHERE YOUR BULLET COULD WIND UP, NEVER SHOOT AT THE HORIZON WITH A RIFLE OR HANDGUN! Sad that kids aren't taught gun safety anymore, it nearly looks purposeful.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just some information to those who think its legal to shoot down a drone: you don't own the airspace over your property. If a person is complying with the law while flying their drone, and you shoot it down because you feel you are entitled to be able to do so, you will be held accountable by the law. Not taking any sides here, just want people to understand because they have a feeling about something does not entitle them to destroy someone's property.

I could care LESS if its legal or not... if it's hovering over my property or circling it over and over... it is coming down with no questions asked. "you will be held accountable by the law".... This is the absolute least worry I'd have. If someone or law enforcement sends a hovering or circling drone over my property and openly invades my privacy I will destroy someone's property and think nothing of it. I'll decide what I'm "entitled" too not someone else.

Dave... I too have been on the other side of a large field (bean) and heard all the pellets falling around me when someone else shot. We were all out quail hunting. A bullet coming down from an upward shot would just piss ya off if it hit you. But a rifle fired at a 45 degree angle is a different story. But the odds of ANYONE getting struck is less than getting struck by lightening or a meteor.

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was growing up, my father started teaching me to shoot a little single-shot .22 rifle when I was just over 5 years old. Where the bullet was going after it passed through or missed the target was impressed on me very strongly. After I got my first bb gun, I learned quickly how to determine how far a bb would go if I held the rifle at different angles. I remember missing a target, bird, once in the front yard and the bb went up into the air, almost straight up. But it wasn't quite 'straight up'. I came down across the street onto the tin roof of the neighbor's house. He came out onto his front porch and asked me it I had shot his roof. I told him what had happened. He laughed and told me it was ok as long as I had not willfully tried to shoot his roof. Of course the bb would not have 'damaged' the tin roof anyway. Some of the neighborhood boys/thugs, had thrown rocks onto his roof for 'meanness' several times in the past, so he was making sure that I wasn't doing it to aggravate him. I can't believe that a bullet fired into the air, straight up or almost so, would do much if any damage to anyone when it came down unless it struck someone in the eye. And then, the person would have to be looking up when it happened. I have, also, been out in the field/woods when someone else was hunting and have shotgun pellets hit me twice. Neither time did they do any damage nor did they even 'sting', because of the angle they came down.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Blocking Area: 20 meters radius <--- Could just hit it with a rock :)

yse3ygem.jpg

Double click on above image to view full picture

Zoom Out
Zoom In
More Views
TRC-3 Unique Remote Control Jammer
TRC-3 Three In One Remote Control Blocker
TRC-3 Universal Remote Control Blocker
TRC-3 Unique Remote Control Blocker
TRC-3 Three In One Remote Control Jammer
$410.00
Availability: In stock

5 Review(s) | Add Your Review
Shipping time: 3-4 Days

Qty:
In Stock and Ready for Shipment!

Sold by Jammer Store, Inc.

Ask a Question
Details

TRC-3 is a universal remote control jammer that can stop the work of all commonly used remote controls. Among them you will find ordinary TV and air conditioner remotes, car lock remote controls, remotes of the toy cars and planes of your kids, garage door remote controls, and so on. So if you want to make some jokes on your neighbors, improve the discipline of your kids (for example, block TV remote if they watch too much TV) or something like that – TRC-3 will help you to achieve your goal without additional efforts. Yet it has more practical implementation aside from making jokes or raising your kids.

Different surveillance drones, flying UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) and remotely controlled robots are getting popular these days. They come in many different shapes and with lots of functions. Those surveillance drones are also may be either professionally made or home-made, though both can do their snooping job quite well. Of course, professionally developed and constructed models are much better and have more features useful to their owner but their cost is much higher. As long as many of those surveillance drones are controlled via remote controls, this device can protect your privacy from being compromised by those robots.

Features:

Works with three popular remote control frequencies
Large operating radius as for handheld device
Three specific antennas
Embedded battery
Two power adapters for longer usage

Specifications:

Frequencies Blocked: 315 / 433 / 868MHz
Signal Power: 1W
Blocking Area: 20 meters radius
Power Supplies: AC or car power adapter or battery
Battery Details: Li-ion 8.4V 5200mAh, works for 2-3 hours, recharges for 3 hours
Power Adapters Data: AC 110-240V DC 12V, car 12V DC 12V
Temperatures Allowed: -30C to 60C

Devices which TRC-3 can jam completely:

Kymera Magic Wand
Lehman Aviation LFPV UAV
ReconRobotics Recon Scout XT

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Terminal velocity of bullet's average 300' per second.

Here's an excerpt from a non nazi propaganda site. (The Straight Dope)

Experiments on cadavers and such have shown, for example, that a .38 caliber revolver bullet will perforate the skin and lodge in the underlying tissue at 191 feet per second and that triple-ought buckshot will do so at 213 feet per second.
Mattoo's equation predicts that Hatcher's .30 caliber bullet, which has a small diameter in relation to its weight, will perforate the skin at only 124 feet per second. It's easy to believe such a bullet falling at 300 feet per second could kill you, especially if it struck you in the head.

Dave, In your count of 16 people over 20-30 years- was that everyone?

Tell the parents of the dead kid he was just a minuscule number.

Every police department has banned warning shots because of the liability of falling bullets. That propaganda too? Just trying to scare you?

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
From the propaganda experts at Mythbusters:

(This also lends credibility of the police and their ability to find, and criminally charge, the shooter)

It was looking like this was going to be busted, but, as it turns out, there is an international expert on falling bullets working in nearby Stanford. The expert, Dr. David G Mohler, told them about a case in Menlo Park where a woman sitting in a lawn chair was struck in the leg by a bullet that was fired into the air 1 1/2 miles away during a 4th of July celebration. Mohler recovered the bullet from her leg and the police were able to match the ballistics to a shooter.
Mohler also told them about a case of an elderly man in Alameda who was talking to his wife underneath a plastic corrugated roof in his carport. His eyes rolled up and his wife thought he was having a stroke. When they got to the hospital they found out there was a bullet in his brain and, unfortunately, he died.
"I know for a fact that bullets fired at a distance, returning to Earth, with terminal velocity, have the ability to kill people." - Dr. Mohler
This contradicted their findings so far, so it was back to the drawing board.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"It's easy to believe such a bullet falling at 300 feet per second could kill you, especially if it struck you in the head."

Are you or someone saying that a bullet can reach 300 p/f/s while falling? If you shot straight up a falling bullet would NEVER reach anything near that speed. No bullet would ever. Were talking about shooting up not out. It's apples and oranges here. Now if you want to measure a bullets speed coming down after it hits its apex while shot at a 45 degree angle that's different. But when your shooting up the bullet will at one point just stop and then fall back to earth. But at an angle shot it NEVER stops.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An alternative would be to modify something to disrupt the drone, say modifying a microwave to direct energy at offending object……
As for weapons, depends on location, range……
The blocker mentioned before is a great idea but limited by range….perhaps you could modify it to increase power/range…….

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An alternative would be to modify something to disrupt the drone, say modifying a microwave to direct energy at offending object……
As for weapons, depends on location, range……
The blocker mentioned before is a great idea but limited by range….perhaps you could modify it to increase power/range…….

yea that range thing would kill it for me also. Maybe some area geek could boost the wattage a lot. How about a powerful laser. That would be fun chasing the damn thing with a laser.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely propaganda, GiB. How many cadavers did they have to strew around to hit one with a real " falling" bullet?

I could only count what your propaganda piece had shown, because the " many more". Part of it is not really quantifiable is it? Probably because that number didn't help their math.

Now I have to go paddle board on that evil lake about a half mile from where that kid was shot with a decidedly NOT falling bullet. Ya'll have fun while I am gone! If you never see me again you will see how dangerous this place really is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread