Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Speaking of jamming, I once took a project idea from a Radio Shack circuit cookbook and made a few modifications ... when someone would pull up beside me with the BOOM BOOM BOOM music so loud I couldn't hear my engine running. a simple press of the button from my palm sized project would jam the radio signal with the most god awful sawtooth wave form. Good for a few laughs. Probably would work with the drones as it will knock out the signal on our cable and wifi if within a few feet of the receivers and actually covers a pretty big range of the broadcast spectrum.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the law disallow us mere citizens from having a stingray device?

stingray.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
my Nitro Crossman penetrates a 1/2 inch piece of plywood

That aint a pellet gun,this is a pellet gun.

The Quigley 72, a 12 gauge rifled slug big bore air rifle by Mrhollowpoint

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the law disallow us mere citizens from having a stingray device?

stingray.jpg

well I don't know what that is. So it is a better bet that congress thinks it may be an anchor..... That makes the answer yes! You are not allowed to have one cause someone said it may sear the ground behind it. ( no one is sure how far or if it could really happen, but the important thing is that some busy work got done with zero intelligence!)

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That aint a pellet gun,this is a pellet gun.

The Quigley 72, a 12 gauge rifled slug big bore air rifle by Mrhollowpoint

What the?.....
Man.
How much air does it take? How loud is da boom"
How many shots? Do you have to register it? Do they make one with a longer barrel? :laughing7:
What the F kinda cats are those?
Damnit Red! now i havta have it!
And a drone....
And a stingray...

Next week on Dr. Phil...when drones fly to high.
Dressing up your drone...The latest styles and trends.
Test driving your friends drone....the pros and cons.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How much air does it take

I think its 4600 psi

How loud is da boom"

Never heard it.Ive heard the .58 caliber guns,not loud at all.

How many shots?

i think 3 to 5 ,not really sure.

Do you have to register it?

In Mass. airguns arent considered guns(wonders will never freaking cease),so no I highly doubt it.

Doodle Bug

Feb 4, 2013
Where's the sport in shooting it down with a gun?
I'm thinking water balloon launcher.
Hours of fun for the whole family and nobody gets hurt but the drone.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Where's the sport in shooting it down with a gun?
I'm thinking water balloon launcher.
Hours of fun for the whole family and nobody gets hurt but the drone.

Thats why I'd use one of these as I sat in a lawn chair with a beer.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's ok, I hear they got a jacket that ties in the back ... in just your size.

Anyone hovering or circling a drone around here better hope I have my "special jacket" on first. And I'll add here were not talking about using stinger missile's here or bringing down a large overhead drone circling at 5000 ft. That's out of our league admittedly. But the law enforcement one's, the privately owned one's or the pervert's one can all be brought down at will if they invade someone's privacy by hovering or circling overhead. I may not legally own the airspace over my property out to outer space but I am going to control around the first 300' legal or not. I jay walked yesterday also.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Jay walked, why your a racist, right wing terrorist under this adminstration.....

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You Jay walked, why your a racist, right wing terrorist under this adminstration.....

Guilty as charged.... bring the white jacket and send in the drones. I'll be down in the woodshop today. NOTE: Same rules apply over this home also.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you please show us the law that you are referring to that states if something is flying over your property it becomes your property?

A good air rifle will be almost impossible to trace the sound of ... my Nitro Crossman penetrates a 1/2 inch piece of plywood so it should be sufficient with the scope.

Drones over my property ARE my property ...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1019591

This might help...the company also distributes a hard copy made in reflective aluminum to jam the FLIR cameras.....but you do tend to stand out blinking under it on the other spectrums......

still a hilarious product......prolly best for making Tin Foil Hats

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FAA ownership of the skies begins at 400 feet.

Texas lawmakers passed a law regulating most private drone use, an making it a misdemeanor to have a drone photograph "an individual or privately owned real property... with the intent to conduct surveillance on the individual or property captured in the image." There's a $500 fine, which can be averted if the drone owner destroys the images upon being notified of the violation. There are exceptions, for instance, for the use of drones by researchers or by law enforcement agencies, which are not required to get a warrant to use a drone.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/14/texas-law-gets-tough-on-public-private-drone-use/

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Your honor I thought it was a nuisance crow when I shot it, I guess my eyes aren't what they use to be..."...LOL

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can you please show us the law that you are referring to that states if something is flying over your property it becomes your property?

The book of Chadeaux, Chapter 1 Verse 1: "If it flies over my property, I have the right to destroy it as I see fit."

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure this would do - as long as you had room in your yard............

We used the same thing - land based in Iraq. C-RAM defense (from IDF)

I find it easier to watch the company video than those we filmed in Basra etc as the siren STILL sends shivers down my spine.:sadsmiley:

At 45 sec the guys shout "get some F****** HE in" which is the AS-90's about to bring down a whole world of S**T of those outside the wire.:thumbsup:

RIP all those who did not come home :sadsmiley:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I don't need a "law" to make it my property as Chadeaux doesn't either.... It just means we're shooting them down period when they hover or circle our properties. After that who cares!!!!! Besides they'd be a blast to shoot at if someone was dumb or stupid enough to make one do this. Not everything requires a "law". Some of us just use common sense and know what is right from wrong. YOU DON'T INVADE SOMEONE ELSE'S PRIVACY. And I don't need to tattle to "law enforcement" nor would I need their help either. Who opened the CRAZY GATES?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't need a "law" to make it my property as Chadeaux doesn't either.... It just means we're shooting them down period when they hover or circle our properties. After that who cares!!!!! Besides they'd be a blast to shoot at if someone was dumb or stupid enough to make one do this. Not everything requires a "law". Some of us just use common sense and know what is right from wrong. YOU DON'T INVADE SOMEONE ELSE'S PRIVACY. And I don't need to tattle to "law enforcement" nor would I need their help either. Who opened the CRAZY GATES?

Yeah Liimitool, Uncle Matt is a hoot! He was on my ignore list for a long time, looks as though he needs to go back.

----

Listen Uncle Matt: Just because your drone is 1 or more inches above the ground doesn't mean you can ignore the "NO TRESPASSING" signs I have on my property.

Stop trying to start that outboard motor, you're gonna get covered in crap if you do start it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread