Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend hit me up the other day, he had lost something and knew that I detected and had found a lot of things. I answered with Sure and then asked what he had lost. So then it unfolds, he had lost two things at the same time nearly. Turns out, it was an expensive pair of sun glasses and a $300 rod and reel set up. Yeah, 20 feet of water at a lake that has already had almost 5 inches of rain unloaded in the mountains around it and about to get even more. So, maybe up to 25 feet deep now and maybe even washed away. I can't detect for them plus I can't dive anymore. I have one of those rare earth magnets but the rods and reels of today have little to stick too. So, I told him that it would be down to trying to snag them with snagging hooks, if they hadn't washed away.

He had a wasp around his head when the sun glasses got knocked over board. He was angry about that and decided to get a drink. the drink was in ice water so his hand was wet when he picked up the rod and tried to cast. The spinnerbait was looped around the rod tip and snapped the line plus his wet hand (still recovering from an accident) let the pole slip and went flying overboard as well. So he lost his favorite glasses and his favorite ever fishing pole in 20 ft of water. Anyways, I will go with him and probably donate several large snagging hooks to the lake but we will try. The sheer amount of high volume runoff from the rains will most likely make it impossible to find them but we will try. The guy had tripped and fell into a running dozer, getting his hand chewed up badly by the fan blade. the operations afterwards helped but the hand gives him fits every once and a while, like this. The spinnerbait would have been magnetic but it is no longer attached to the line, it stayed in the boat. This could classify as a bad day fishing LOL.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are a good man...:angel2:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That guy screams of bad luck be careful lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread