Can you motivate me? PLEASE!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two detectors sitting in the corner of the room, both of them use to get used so much I thought they were my right arm. The beach, miles & miles of sunny, beautiful, populated ocean beach is just a short distance away. At night I can go down to the dock and I can hear the waves crashing into the beach just across the river. But, for some reason, I just can't make myself go? :dontknow: Folks, I need some serious motivation, anything, my detectors are threatening a mutiny and I think my scoop is trying to break out of its solitary confinement. :help: :laughing7:

F

Felinepeachy

Ya gotta find a buddy that's gung ho to go and have him drag your butt with him, kicking and screaming LOL

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also say get a buddy to hunt with. Someone that will call you up and tell up to get your gear and meet him in front of your home. Then think about all the gold and silver that is waiting for you to come along to pick it up.......Matt

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigS,

Where are you living at? I'm in Orlando, I am hunting in South Florida at the moment, but returning to Orlando tomorrow evening....

I bet I can get you out detecting......If you dont go hunting with in the next 7 days, I get your detectors for free :laughing7:......

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt, Feline,
Yep, since moving down here and leaving my usual hunting partner behind.....it just ain't the same. And, I also have way less time away from the house now. But, I could still find time if I could just get motivated, so keep those inspiring pictures and words of insight coming! :thumbsup: :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
BigS,

Where are you living at? I'm in Orlando, I am hunting in South Florida at the moment, but returning to Orlando tomorrow evening....

I bet I can get you out detecting......If you dont go hunting with in the next 7 days, I get your detectors for free :laughing7:......

Sounds like a deal! No, I mean, going hunting, not that you get my detectors free! Sorry. :laughing7: Edgewater, just down the road and over the causeway to NSB.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK here it is. 1- no batteries. 2-Weather. 3- no car. 4- Wife. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE!!. oh i forgot health so get out there. :wink:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
everyone gets a little burned out on a hobby....just normal. I was detecting an old foundation home and hitting nothing but nails and crappola, lol, and I stopped for a while. It got old fast and not worth my time....then I thought, duh, I enjoy it so who cares what I dig up, it gets me out of the house doing anything but chores :laughing7:

pick a day soon and go. even if you 'kinda' don't want to cause once you are there, rigged up to start detecting, you will enjoy it....good luck! :)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raining here...and when it rains here there is always a good chance for lightening. Just not a good time to be on the beach with a potential lightening rod in your hand. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down here, it's pretty common to have a few thousand sky to ground lightening strikes as storms move across from the Gulf to the East Coast. I live on the east coast and a lot of times those storms will stall out right over us as they meet the Atlantic's air currents from the east.....pretty awesome sight with all that lightening going off everywhere, but also kind of spooky at times.

I think I'm going to go look at pictures of gold......... :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright BigScoop Desperate times call for desperate measures....... ::)

Maybe this will help you Git Out...... :laughing7:[youtube=425,350][/youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a97cOa2Sy9A&feature=player_detailpage#t=3s

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida is unique, it is only 160 miles at its widest point on the nothern border and 500 miles long, the peninsula extension is 375 miles long, the peninsula has an average width of 95 miles, because it is so narrow the Atlantic on the East side with cold moisture moving inland, the Gulf of Mexico, a large body of warm water on the the West side, moisture moves in from both sides at the same time many times and collides causing intense thunderstorms.....

It is not unusual at all to have a thunderstorm hit Orlando with close to a thousand lighting strikes.........

texastee2007 said:
It should be about 10:30 AM in Florida....OUT of bed and gentlemen...start those detectors!

Yep, I am the same way, I do not tempt fate durring thunderstorms by walking down an open beach with a 5 foot aluminum scoop in one hand and a 4' 6" aluminum shaft with detector in the other in daring fate to strike me..............

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the name of that movie...."Sweet Home Alabama" where he used the lightening rods to create those glass sand sculptures.....I always wanted to try that.....pretty cool stuff.

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Lightning has to strike somewhere.

Question is: Is there anywhere it strikes often >?

Reason I ask is a thread that was deleted, mentioned that early spanish noticed where lightning struck to find ore.

How large of a treasure chest would it take to draw lightning >?

(Now he's gonna be sitting in his car during thunderstorms checking lightning strikes on the beach.) :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't let NaturalJWL comment about lighting strikes get into your head..

With the type of luck most people have, you find an old army tank buried about 3-4 feet down :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop, after sitting here and thinking.. NaturalJWL may be on to something :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread