WHITES COINMASTER, MINELABS 705, and ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you uploading your photo from your computer? It will stay on the treasurenet server and always be visible.

Or,

Are you linking to your photo? It may be that the link is broken or that you've used up your bandwidth from your host.

OP
OP
Southie E.J.

Southie E.J.

May 16, 2011
South Boston Ma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 1st I used my computer from my downloads after alot of x's it finally worked. It stayed for a.few days and disappeared so I tried to do it again several x's with the computer, and now Im trying another approach with my cell pics. Same deal.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also upload the picture to Photobucket (free) and then paste the link to it in your profile, tha tis hte way all of mine are right now.....

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may be a silly question but, are you clicking the "Change Profile" button at the bottom of the "Edit Profile" page after you select your photo?

You had a post earlier today that you uploaded photos to successfully so your avatar pic should upload similarly and without incident.

OP
OP
Southie E.J.

Southie E.J.

May 16, 2011
South Boston Ma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok it worked by logging off and then back on, but for how long? I hope it stays this time. Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southie E.J. said:
Ok it worked by logging off and then back on, but for how long? I hope it stays this time. Thanks!

Here is a trick when working on your profile... Open 2 explorer pages, Explorer #1 with your working profile open for the changes you want to be made, and explorer #2 is open on a TN post you have made where you can see your username and avatar. Make your changes on explorer page #1 and check what changes look like on explorer page #2 by hitting the refresh page.........

It sounds like the problem is the way you have your avatar stored.....Are you uploading it and hosting it on TreasureNet? I like to use Photobucket ....If your already linking the photo to a hosting site you may be using the wrong linking format to the picture...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread