worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
tncreeker,BullsGap,Not to far from Cosby,the BEST place I ever lived!!!!!!!!!Watch out for Poison Oak Too!!!!!!!!!Had it ONCE,nasty stuff.I've seen those vines as big as my leg. God Bless Chris

OP
OP
tncreeker

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didnt cross the fence,,,,I was on the safe side I thought. While in the woods that day I musta missed a vine somewhere,,,,I`m nursing the blisters on my lips,,,,yes its poison,,not fever blisters. I`ve had the poison on my lips before, and my eyes and wrists and everywhere else,,,well almost,,havent squatted on it yet. These woods are brutal.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somethin to remember; be careful diggin around poison ivy, cause you can get the rash from the roots. I've never had it, and I have done some reading that relates your histamine level to your susceptibility, but I didn't understand it. Goose-O, good approximation of somebody's accent, damn Yankee. (Just kidding) We pronounced it 'bob wah-ur'. As opposed to our pronunciation of 'hot wah-ur', i.e. electric fence. Which commonly was called during an unexpected encounter and contact in the field --expletive deleted--.

OP
OP
tncreeker

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RGINN,,
I got poison on my wrist trying to pull out a root. I wrapped that baby around my wrist twice and did the heeve ho,,,,I didnt know what the root was. The band of blisters was aprox. 2 inches wide all the way around. I just cant seem to stay away from it,,,so I`m thinking maybe someday I`ll be immune. Wishful thinking huh?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
tncreeker said:
RGINN,,
I got poison on my wrist trying to pull out a root. I wrapped that baby around my wrist twice and did the heeve ho,,,,I didnt know what the root was. The band of blisters was aprox. 2 inches wide all the way around. I just cant seem to stay away from it,,,so I`m thinking maybe someday I`ll be immune. Wishful thinking huh?
Unfortunately they say each encounter gets worse. I caught it for the first time so I read about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread