Canadian Coin Searcher

tinykin

Sep 13, 2009
Well I ordered my second box of quarters for the weekend. I talked to the tellers about ordering a box of halfs but the said it was impossible. There isn't even a place on their order form for ordering halfs. Very disheartening. I don't know if all banks order the same so I will try another bank and see if they can order halfs.

I asked if anyone ever brings in hand rolled halfs but the tellers couldn't remember it ever happening.

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Try talking to every bank in your area and I would even call the coin distributors in your area to find out how to get those halves. I am positive that there is a silver mine just waiting for somebody with the determination to find them.

golden silver

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you in Canada?

I don't think Canada has produced many half dollars for circulation for quite a while. Most of their production goes to uncirculated and proof sets.

A co-worker of mine in Detroit traveled extensively in Canada for vacations and he would always try to find half dollars for me. some 10-15 years ago they started drying up and I haven't seen one in the wild in a long time.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Silver Canadian half dollars were minted until 1967. Millions upon millions of these coins were minted every year until 1967. Hundreds of thousands of Canadian Half dollars were minted every year until 1999 I believe. They are somewhere. They can not all be in private collectors hands. Some reserve bank must have tons of them locked away.

Golden Silver

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to search canadian coins, you can dump them all on the ground and swing an industrial magnet over the pile, and all your left with is silver and U.S.!

HH
-GC

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I found a bank that had 2 rolls of halves.both rolls were unc 2008 canadian halves.I bought 100 rolls of quarters.SKUNK.Im gonna keep trying.just have to hope that someone turns in a collection.

HH

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread