Canadian TV Series Yukon Gold on Nat Geo

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tivo the episodes and I watched a few. Looks to me like a lot of good gold being left behind in the overburden they are removing.

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I actually watched the whole damned day! And I never lifted a pan or prospected a thing!

Ken and Kira pissed me off; the both of them. Good grief! He was a complete pr*ck to her and she acted like she had no idea what she was getting into when she married him! I mean, I guess some people can be that clueless, or that careless, or that, well, pr*ckish, but when Ken finally had that good clean-up at the end all I could think was how neither one of them deserved it. (Though at least Ken busted his a** for it.)

Surely isn't the life for me, but dang if I wasn't fascinated watching it. At least superficially it seems to be the perfect job for a 10 year old boy who never wants to grow up (and I mean that with affection, truly!). Talk about a dream! You get to spend your life digging with bulldozers looking for buried treasure! And camping out and drinking beer! OBVIOUSLY there's MUCH more to it, but if I were the son of one of these guys, I could certainly see the attraction of the life, brutally hard though it is.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I watched an episode on YouTube, looks like a decent show and I low the cleanup at the end like mentioned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread